Honored Contributor

Re: Sjogrens - Does anyone here suffer from this?

First --- I want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to read and respond!

If I have forgotten or missed anyone, I apologize!!!

I want to ask a couple more questions if anyone has time to respond.

My family member and myself as well, have said, that we are both just so incredibly tired all the time.  Is this something which those of you who have this suffer with?  I mean, we are bone tired.  

How about ears?  I have for a long time had this terrible itching inside my ears.  It just drives me crazy.  I have been to an allergist and an ENT and they see nothing, but it is awful.

How about muddled thinking -- or slowness in formulating the right words when you speak?

Just trying to get a handle on all of this.  

Thank you again and my very best to you all!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I have an MD app for my iPad and I love it. It assumes you are intelligent.

the name of it is: Sharecare Ask MD

It is designed just for you. I really like using it because the questions it asks you employ y a ruling out technique.

After finishing the questions, it give you common diagnoses, then less common.

In the future, I will keep going back to the same MD. The reason being that doctors will assume the common causes over and over unless they can see that their first, second, third assumptions were incorrect.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

I take Pilocarpine (Salagen) 3x day - one at each meal.  It stimulates the production of saliva.  I also use Sensydyne toothpaste and mouthwash w/o alcohol.

Respected Contributor

Well, I used to give some of the immunology lectures in a med school long ago and observed the students were asleep. Immunology is a BORING subject. So many internists aren't so up on autoimmune diseases--and they mimic other conditions so they are difficult. You're right, they don't diagnose Sjogrens right away. A daughter of an acquaintance went through a lot of difficulty and finally was diagnosed. She needs some work done on her salivary glands and also had to have the plugs in the tear ducts. It's a troublesome condition. Hope you feel better.