Respected Contributor

I have had bad sinus's all my life. They get inflamed not congested. Changed from Flonase to Nasacort(no alcohol) and I try to steam 2-3 times a day, when I can. That makes a big difference. I tried the saline solution in one nostril and out the other but to no avail because again, they were inflamed not congested. The doctors can't do much unless you have an infection. Good luck and I hope you feel better. Take care.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

@hondagirl

What did your physian say?  What did he diagnose?

Respected Contributor

Not to scare you but please go and see a good ENT Doctor because I thought I had a sinus infection and I was on a few antibiotics and my pain and swelling in the left side of my face never went away.  

The ENT doc ordered a CT Scan of my sinuses and the results came back telling him I had a Lymphoma in my sinus gland.  I've been on 5 treatments of chemo therapy and I have one treatment left to go.  I'm happy to say the lymphoma is gone.  Please don't ignore your symptoms if they don't go away.  I'm not telling you you have a lymphoma, but if you don't get any better, I think a CT scan is in order to find out just what you have. Good luck. 

Valued Contributor

Don't laugh at this , Eat a spoonful of chinese mustard , It will clear your sinuses right out in a hurry,

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

@Hondagirl wrote:

Not a this time... See wha the doctor says...

@hondagirl

So ....?     What did the doctor say?

Super Contributor

Doctor said I had a sinus infection and was given ZPack... Took it for 5 days and just finished this week.... Hope it does not come back... 'Started using Flonaise again...

Esteemed Contributor

@twinkies wrote:

Don't laugh at this , Eat a spoonful of chinese mustard , It will clear your sinuses right out in a hurry,

cathy from ma

EWE       CANT LOOK AT MUSTARD    

Honored Contributor

@hondagirl,Hope by now you've gotten treatment.  Another thing that will help keep you clear is to either stand over a pot of steam and after a shower see if you can blow a little.

Valued Contributor

put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in your steam pot,or bowl

Honored Contributor

What is usually going on is that the mucous membranes in your sinuses are too swollen for anything to drain so they become painful. Hopefully the doctor gave you something to give you some relief.