Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for a neti pot.  Also at this time the pollen shifts, always a hard time for me.

Honored Contributor

Just back from the doc, she wants me to stop two of the nasal meds I am currently using, they might be too drying, also to use the sinus rinse and she gave me a script for bactorban to sooth my nasal passages

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
Are you in an area experiencing severe weather?

Even with a humidifier, I would put a pot of water on the stove to simmer and add a spoonful of Vicks vaporub to it. My husband was complaining of headache and a dry nose until I put my scent pot back on the stove, altho I use whole cloves and cinnamon sticks instead of Vicks.
Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

I am in suburban NYC and it was 18 degrees when I woke up this moring, I have a facial steamer that I am going to start using.

@RedTop wrote:
Are you in an area experiencing severe weather?

Even with a humidifier, I would put a pot of water on the stove to simmer and add a spoonful of Vicks vaporub to it. My husband was complaining of headache and a dry nose until I put my scent pot back on the stove, altho I use whole cloves and cinnamon sticks instead of Vicks.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Neilmed.png

+1 for NeilMed.  It is very easy to use.  Costco has had the two bottle kit occasionally.

I also send in for the free bottle when I buy the refill packs.  I sometimes leave my bottle when I travel, so I travel with an old bottle now just in case I leave it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I get painful sinus headaches from time to time...they always occur when a weather front is approaching.  Never have a stuffy or runny nose with them, just sharp pain behind my left brow bone.

It runs in my family.  My Dad got those headaches, as do several of my sibs, my son and one of my grandsons. 

Prior to menopause they turned into full blown migraines, but now they are managed with an over the counter pain reliever.

If you have stuffiness, I also recommend a neti pot.

OMG .. I am exactly the same ... always when a weather front is coming in ....

pain over the left brow .....And before Menopause .. also the migraines ...

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox : DH had sinus issues for almost a year and prescription of variety of antibiotics. Finally referred to ENT- doctor. Had various test, different nasal spray and the saline rinse. DH had sinus surgery in 2004. Current doctor and test results- divated spetum (sp) need to check . Told surgery 2 hours as out patient. Had surgery last Wednesday and surgery took 2 1/2 hours. The left and right side of his nose needed more repair. On the floor of his nose had two extra bones protruding out that needed more work. Took part of the nose cartilage out- repaired it and cleaned out and then put back in. DH has been in a lot of pain and difficult breathing through his mouth. Plus not able to use his bipap machine for sleep apena. Praying this surgery will improve his breathing.Will see doctor on Wednesday to have the stints and packing removed. I have to watch DH when I give him pain pill because he falls asleep and forgets to breath. Long, difficult and stressful week. Plus me dealing with ear problems and vertigo. We are in the den- both in recliners and using humidifier. Praying you will find a solution and relief soon. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 

This is my go to bottle and sinus rinse, but there are times you need more.

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Neilmed.png

+1 for NeilMed.  It is very easy to use.  Costco has had the two bottle kit occasionally.

I also send in for the free bottle when I buy the refill packs.  I sometimes leave my bottle when I travel, so I travel with an old bottle now just in case I leave it.

Honored Contributor

I heard taking oil of oregano tablets can help.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I also get terrible headaches when the weather changes!!!  And it was worse while dealing with menopause.   My cardio warned me not to take any med that has a 'D' in it; raise blood pressure.  Taking a warm/hot shower helps and using saline nasal spray - Arm and Hammer brand.