Honored Contributor

Re: Simple Pleasures (they're good for me!)

Yes, Hoopnotica is still making hoops.  I actually forgot that I also have a travel hoop, just like the one in the pic here

https://hoopnotica.com/

I kind of prefer the other hoop I got from them, just because the travel one can make some sounds at the joints (the hoop joints, not MY joints haha) and that got a little annoying to me, but if the music is loud you won't even notice it.  The travel hoop is also just slightly bigger than the other one I got from Hoopnotica.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd

Are you familiar with Montreal Healthy Girl?  I found her site and her youtube channel a few months ago.  And I see that Kasey (VP) is talking with her which I think is a good thing.  I follow him (and her) because I like them both, but they also both have (or had, in the case of MHG) debilitating gut issues which I've struggled with my entire life.  When I read Britt's bio I thought, Whoa, this was my life.

Anyway, she turned me on to Coconut Kefir Yogurt which I finally found at my food co-op - brand name, Cocoyo.  I have it daily.  I've also ditched all gluten and grains (my Naturopath has been extremely helpful!! - just found her not long ago). Also had to ditch the starchy veggies except for sweet potatoes.   I am feeling much better.  I was starting to feel very tired and couldn't seem to keep weight on and was getting weaker in the gym (gut not absorbing nutrients!).  I am eating a much higher fat diet with a lot of nuts and seeds.  I know some plant based people hate this, but I'm not arguing with success!

I've come a long way in a short period to get back to my beastly self.

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot Go Beasty Girl!!  Wonderful that you have found a naturopathic doctor that has been suggesting successful strategies.  Optimal dietary health is constant tweaking to find what works for you -just like physical training.  Our bodies are not the same and our issues require individual remedies.  I believe there are certain baselines, but it is necessary to refine the process to meet our needs as those needs change.  Kasey and MHGirl are driven to find what works for them.

Tonight I watched Robby and Cyrus on Mastering Diabetes.  They are whole plant based but suggest if you have insulin resistance to emphasize greens, legumes, beans, avoiding high starch ( occasional sweet potato ok) and minimize fruit.  Just an example that as our bodies change, so do our requirements for optimum efficiency.  

I am glad that you have found what is healing and effective for you now.  Have you seen the raw organic sauerkraut at Costco (I include in my salads)....might be something you would want to incorporate since you are emphasizing probiotics.  Sounds as if you are on your path and wishing you vibrant health!