Trusted Contributor

Re: Silent heart attack

[ Edited ]

@RedTop, again,I'm sorry hear about all that your husband & you are going through, it's difficult living with something this serious, it turns your life upside down. 

I had the same thing happen to me, the declining health. I had what was thought to be myocarditis summer 2015, things have just been getting worse since then. There was a short period of time when I'd been consulting with an out of state integrative cardiologist when things got better for about 3 months. He prescribed meds ONLY when needed, as a last resort, he preferred to use supplements. I felt great, normal for part of May, June, July, & part of August 2017, when my 2nd radiofrequency cardiac ablation failed. Things have been going downhill since then.

I stopped going to him because my arrythmias got worse because of the failed ablation, he had no idea how to help me. Since then I've been diagnosed with a couple of genetic heart issues, courtesy of my dad, "mild" hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, heart failure at one point in time, & to top it all off, I had a blood clot in my heart seen on a 2020 cardiac MRI that the doctor interpreting the imaging missed. It was found on the cardiac MRI that I had done June 2021, so by then I'd had it for at least 15 months,if not longer. I was put on Xarelto for that, it was gone in about 2 months, now I have to stay on Xarelto so that it doesn't re-form. 

My life has been pretty much on hold since all this started for me 7 years ago. Over the years, the doctors I saw put me on many meds, 14 at last count, that I tolerated for a short period of time or didn't tolerate for very long.

I'm just ready for this to be done already so that I can resume my life, it's been on hold long enough.