Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Please take care of yourself.  You are in my thoughts.

Trusted Contributor
@Annabellethecat66, so sorry that you had that terrible fall! I'm glad you have your daughter to help you with everything! I have to say, you still sound so upbeat and optimistic, even with all you're dealing with! Hugs and feel better soon!!😺
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I thought of you today.  Think about what happened today.  Now compare it to 1968.

What a new, wonderful world it is.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 ...I was wondering how you were doing.  It sounds like you are in good hands with your daughter stepping in to help you out.

I hope you feel better each and every day.

Trusted Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Thank you for pointing me to this thread.  OMG, what you have been and are still going through, a nightmare!  I just read that you have broken your back before, so maybe that made it weaker so as to break again.

Is your back cemented now?  I hope your back heals well, and you find pain relief.

I can relate re insurance companies.  My DH recently needed some procedures, the doctor was saying it would take a few weeks for the insurance company to approve, and because we knew they would be approved, told him to just call the insurance company and push them to approve ASAP.  It took a week, but if he hadn't kept calling. would have taken longer.

I took a bad fall at the end of March, head slamming into a steel unit, and falling on shoulder flat on the wood floor, and right knee.  My arms are still painful, think I bruised the clavicles or rotator cuffs, and my knee is still not healed, though much better, still swollen and discolored, and because it isn't painful, am thinking it will just take a long time for it to be normal.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Your in my prayers daily. Heart

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  And everyone. I went to see the Dr who's going to either cement or glue my back (bone).

She said she won't know which until she gets into my back.

She explained she will take out a piece of bone and send it off to be examined because my blood came back that I might have bone cancer (I know I don't, I would have had some kind of notice in my body otherwise and I haven't).

But I'm to see a hematologist as soon as possible when this gets done.

Anyway, she said she needs to make room for the cement or glue so she'd need to remove a tiny piece of bone anyway.

Can you believe the part that worries me is laying on my stomach for about 2 hours.  I have asthma and it's hard to breathe when I'm on my stomach.  

I have had a lot done to my back and every time I always have to lay under an X-ray machine.  It's all I can do to stay under on my stomach for 15-20 minutes.

My daughter has put her life on hold but she really needs to bring her furbaby to my house.

She's driving with her boyfriend here late next week.  She'll fly home and then she and the boyfriend will drive back here with Luna.  His mom is also having surgery (fuse).  He's helping his mom.  She only lives a few miles from me.

Meanwhile (are you guys asleep yet)?? Ha!  My oldest daughter that lives near me twisted her ankle over the weekend.  She found out today it isn't broken...it's twisted and he put a splint on it.

She has company and 4 children (3 teenagers and an 8 year old).  Her husband will help her but he has to work.

In the scope of things this isn't a big deal.  Others have a lot worst to deal with.

Hope everyone is doing well take care.  Be safe.

Respected Contributor

Oh, good grief.  I wish you well and all your family, too.  Keep chuggin'.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66    Well, when it rains it pours....you have a good attitude. Take care!