Esteemed Contributor

Sickness has hit my family hard this past month

My family has been pretty illness free the past five years. The last month has hit us hard. It started with my dad bringing a virus home. My mom and I caught it. We all ended up with bronchitis. My mom and dad ended up in the minute clinic and got steroids and antibiotics. We all had it for about three weeks. My moms turned into a sinus infection. She had to go into the doctor and got a ear wash and more antibiotics. The ear wash caused her to have vertigo and throwing up for a few days. Then yesterday she ended up back in the doctor with a cdiff infection from all the antibiotics. I think we are close to finally being over everything today. It has been a terrible month.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sickness has hit my family hard this past month

When someone in my house is ill, I throw a bit of bleach or disinfectant into the dishwasher. It seems to help a bit, I think

I hope all of you are back  to health soon. It is so awful being sick ,and when it drags on it is no fun. It happened to me a couple years ago

Respected Contributor

I hope everyone in your family is feeling better soon!❤️

Honored Contributor

Get well soon and change out the toothbrushes!   Heart  So glad you are all on the mend.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

When it rains it pours!  My husband and I are healthy and lucky, usually.  This year has thrown us a real curve too.  In Jan. I got a cold.  No big deal.  We went on vacation and my husband got a cold too.  Again, barely a bump in the road.  Then in the beginning of Feb. my hubby slipped on the ice, took a fall and broke 4 ribs.  While in the hospital they did an EKG and told him to follow up with a cardiologist in March.  In April I had a flare up of diverticulitis and wound up in the ER.   Well, hubby had a cardiac cath and wound up with triple bypass surgery three weeks ago.  He’s doing exceptionally well, but I just hope this is the end of our adventures for a long while.  We all get our turn at bad luck.  Hope yours passes quickly.

Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear that you and your family have all been ill, but it was good to hear from you again!Heart

Hopefully, the road to recovery for all of you is very, very near!

Stop in when you're up to it, I miss your upbeat posts!

Praying Dog.jpg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I know of so many people this past winter who got that respiratory infection and ended up going to a Redicare and being prescribed antibiotics and steroids. They all had their flu shots too. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday @Good to hear that you are all doing better.Who was the caregiver when the whole crew was down?

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome back!  How is the pooch?🐕

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@ccassaday @Good to hear that you are all doing better.Who was the caregiver when the whole crew was down?

Luckily my dad wasn’t to bad. He has been cleaning and cooking. My mom has been in bed a ton. I spent a few days just in my pjs since my mom couldn’t help me shower and get dressed.