Super Contributor

Re: Shower Chair Recommendations Please

I highly recommend getting one with a back and if not necessary WITHOUT the side bench.   This side bench can make it messy with keeping water from getting on the floor.    There are many brands on Amazon but I have used this style for years and love it.  The back support is extremely helpful.   I would look at reviews on Amazon and pick one rated in the five star area.    Insurance nor Medicare will cover these anymore because of the price. (In the $35 range)   It's considered a consumable.  

Here is a pic of the style I like.  Mine is white.  Carex is a good brand.  Medline is goo also.  

If you need help to push up I would consider adding arms.   If not needed I would not get them.  They will be in the way.   

68B1903B-30C7-4DDF-B8F8-F10E705AE048.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@Reconnaissant You're Welcome. You got a lot of good suggestions here. I hope you find one that suits your needs.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Valued Contributor

Do an Amazon search.  Many different types available at reasonable prices.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  It works well doesn't it?  Although I've never sat on it, I like knowing it's there....for now.

I'm in the beginning process of having my master bathroom rebuilt.

I have absolutely no vision, so I picked the tile but I hate anything else (toilet, etc).  My late husband designed our house and boy do I miss him especially now with all of these renovations.

Take care, be safe...Annabellethecat

Respected Contributor

I got one for my mother at Walmart.  I made sure that it wasn't just a "stool" with 4 legs.  He had a back in case she needed the support and arms on each side to help her push up otherwise she would need all the strength in her back and knees to get up.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased this chair....seems pretty sturdy,....had another chair before it and wasn't too happy with it...got this one from Amazon

Drive Medical Premium Series Shower Chair with Back and Arms
Trusted Contributor

I ordered one for my DH when he was in Hospice care in home.  Ordered from Walmart and instead of 1 chair they sent me a carton of 4!  When I called them they told me to keep all of them and to donate the other 3.   I donated them to the Hospice people who were thankful to have them.  I used his chair when I had my knees replaced, it had a back and arms and was a big help the first week or so.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have it. I use it. I love it. Sturdy as can be and well made. 

3E71AA1A-3622-425F-88AB-28EBB079EC9A.png