Honored Contributor

Re: Should Oprah be the WW Spokesperson?

[ Edited ]

I have never tried WW to lose weight and no doubt never will, that being said, I'm so sick of Ow, she needs to stay behind the scene on this one. Ow does a lot of good and I think highly of her, but does she really need to control everything.

Respected Contributor

I have no problem with Oprah being the spokesperson.  I would rather have a person who has battled weight that a Twiggy look alike who hasn't had the problem.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@hopi"Skinny and thin are not beautiful or by any means healthy or the norm."

Your statement is incorrect.  Especially the "healthy" part.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I have never tried WW to lose weight and no doubt never will, that being said, I'm so sick of OP, she needs to stay behind the scene on this one. OP does a lot of good and I think highly of her, but does she really need to control everything.

@blackhole99

Presuming you meant OW, not OP.

Yes, I see OW as someone who cant help trying to micromanage.

It's wonderful she's confident in her abilities, but sometimes I get the idea she gets so involved in things because she thinks everyone else is less competent.

After all the Oprah's list, or Oprah's favorites, with Shawn and others invoking her name to generate sales, I'd worry about the general public already feeling she's overexposed.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant

I can’t think why anyone would care. Why would anyone care if anyone Lee sticks to the plan? All that matters is if it works for you.

Most people trying WW fail so O is a good rep... lol

WW is all about calories and that has been repeatedly proven (science. fact. do your research.) not to be how to lose fat. But lots of people failing and trying again over & over is a good money maker.

Respected Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

I have  no issue with Oprah as a spokesperson for WW, she is part owner. I feel like she is comfortable at her current weight and she can maintain that weight with the program.  Now, OTOH, kate hudson being a spokesperson is a bit puzzling. Granted she recently had a baby, but don't feel she's the right fit for a spokesperson.  

Nothing wrong with Kate Hudson being a spokesperson...she's trying to lose 40lbs of baby weight. Many mom's struggle with losing weight after birth.

Honored Contributor

Should Oprah be the WW Spokesperson?

Sure.

Why not?

Sometimes name recognition, alone, is all you need.

She sells products, advertises in her magazine and

has 42,000,000 Twitter & 16,000,000 Instagram followers alone. 

We started a thread on it (really numerous threads, as of this writing) 

so it definitely works.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Oprah is a great spokesperson.  She also knows the struggles/challenges of the topic first hand.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It really doesn't matter who the spokepersons are for these programs.  Programs and plans only work if one follows them.

I guess who better to have as spokeperson, than a person who has publicly struggled with keeping her weight under control for over 30 years and has a very large fan base.

eta:

I'm not surprised with the shift to wellness by WW.  Oprah is a follower of Dr. Andrew Weil and has invested in his restuarant chain.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@ellaphant

I can’t think why anyone would care. Why would anyone care if anyone Lee sticks to the plan? All that matters is if it works for you.

Most people trying WW fail so O is a good rep... lol

WW is all about calories and that has been repeatedly proven (science. fact. do your research.) not to be how to lose fat. But lots of people failing and trying again over & over is a good money maker.

@willdob3, I am a lifetime WW member at goal for over 10 years. At my meeting there are a lot of members who are just like me. To say most people on WW fail isn't true for everyone.