Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I go to my dentist appointment?

Minnesota Dental Association has halted all non emergency appointments starting tomorrow.  I work in a dental clinic and did not work today ( normal schedule).  I'm much relieved too many people are not taking this serious enough.  Don't go to non essential appointments; haircuts, nails, taxes (can do it over the phone), church.... just stay home. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

COVD19 has @ a 14 day incubation period during which 

there are generally NO symptoms.  

My choice is ~ Be Barrier Not a Carrier.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Dentist office only taking emergencies.please reschedule if you are only coming in for your routine cleaning checkup.I agree and as a health worker I would not enter any dentist office right now  and dont care how clean the dentist states  his office is.

Trusted Contributor

Where I live dentists are closing their offices. Only in an emergency situation can you make an appointment. All routine visits are cancelled. 

Honored Contributor

My dentist sent me an email today  that they are closed due to the virus....hope I do not lose a crown or worse🙁

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden, having a dental emergency is my fear too! I don't know if my dentist's office has closed but that threat always looms!!!
Respected Contributor

I got an email from my Bioidentical hormone doctor today. She stated the importance of keeping up with the regular pellet insertions and the immunity protections that go along with it.  She said that their office staff had developed a system in which we wait in our car, and then the receptionist would come to our car when it was our turn.  This way we did not have to sit in the waiting room with other patients.  I thought this was a stellar idea!

Luckily, she and her team have a private parking lot.  I don't have an appointment again until May 20.  

Respected Contributor

The "wait in your car" made me laugh after I posted.  I was laughing because it is like going to Sonic! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

All of the dentists here are cancelling and rescheduling all but emergency dental appointments. My DH's cardiologist office called today and changed his appointment from March 20 to May 20. My appt this Friday is still scheduled but I may ask to move it since it isn't essential; it is just a followup.