Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I go to my dentist appointment?

Cancel a mammogram, really?  I think people have really gone over the edge with this.

Super Contributor

Jinlei, "over the edge" is where we are right now.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden My dental office has removed all magazines from the waiting and treatment rooms.

Honored Contributor

I have an appointment for a cleaning and exam in April. I'm not cancelling, the hygienist already wears a mask, so I figure we're both safe.

Trusted Contributor

@Linds7 

That's great advice-especially about the eye glasses. I usually just wear them to drive but I will wear them if I go to my appointment.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply. My dentist's office usually calls with a reminder the day before your appointment. I will see what she thinks about rescheduling. Maybe they are taking extra precautions & I will feel better about going. Or maybe they will ask me to reschedule? 

I live in a small town. My dentist has his own office building. The parking lot is right behind it. There are no elevators & we don't have to sign in. The only thing I'll really have to touch are the door handles to get in & out. I have wipes to use. I think the risk is lower than going to the grocery store. 

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters I had my hygienist appointment a couple of weeks ago.  I’m fine.  I’m scheduled to start work on a new crown tomorrow morning.  I’m going. The office is meticulously clean and follows all requirements.  They have asked that anyone who has had a cough within a day prior to their appointment reschedule.

Respected Contributor

I called my Dermatolgist and they are cancelling full body screenings and any non-emergency medical procedures. I was due to get a basal removed next week. Its been re scheduled until June.

Trusted Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

I have my 6 month cleaning appointment on Tuesday. There are no reported cases in my county, however I live in NY state. My dentist & hygienist have been wearing gloves & masks for years. I think I will go but just be careful. I'll use hand sanitizer after touching the door handle. I won't read any magazines or touch anything in the waiting room. It's a small dental practice- usually only 1 or 2 people in the waiting room.

Is anyone canceling or rescheduling their dental appointments? I'm under 60 by a few years & pretty healthy. 

I LIVE IN NY AND JUST WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT LAST THURSDAY.  As my dentist said, his office is one of the cleanest places I could have visited.  I'm glad I kept my visit.  Go!

Honored Contributor

I just got a recorded phone message for a routine doctors appointment for Tuesday.  The message mentioned all kinds of covid related issues, and asked that I call the office to reschedule if any applied to me.  

none do, so I'm keeping the appointment.