Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever tried these noodles made from the konjac root flour ? Per Web MD they are 3% fiber and 97% water, low in calories and slows the rate at which the body absorbs carbs and helps to avoid blood sugar spikes. These noodles are good for Keto diets as a replacement for high carb foods so they help with weight management.  I buy the bags, rinse them well to remove the smell then cook them for a couple of minutes in the microwave or boil them for a couple of minutes, chop them up and add them to my veggie stir fry with olive oil.

Respected Contributor

I purchased them once. I thought the smell was horrible. I remember cooking them, tasting the dish and threw the whole thing out. Never again.

Honored Contributor

I tried them once and thought they were only "okay" but have seen so many raves about them over the years that I think I might not have prepared them correctly .... or maybe they were just okay.   Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

They are OK.  I eat mostly fresh produce and whole foods, so my taste buds are not used to processed food.  I ate them once and have not repurchased.  But if you like these noodles, enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

I like the rice form as well as the pasta.  They can be a little chewy when you get the larger size pasta.  They really have no taste and pick up the taste of the dish.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I haven't had them since early in my keto journey. Maybe I'll try them again.  My pasta alternatives are zoodles, hearts of palm linguini, and spaghetti squash.  

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

Where did you purchase them?  I believe Whole Foods carries them, but I don't think I've seen them anywhere else.

Valued Contributor

My husband ate them for quite a while and he lost over 100 lbs . He got his on the internet . He rinsed them off a lot and heated them in a small pan of water . I didn't like them at all , very fishy tasting . They are a bit expensive for the little package. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shiratake Noodles

[ Edited ]

The key is to put them in a strainer and rinse well. Then we put them in a pan on the stove and heat which dries the water off. 

We particularly like them with a sauce I make with sautéed peppers and onions and anchovies and whatnot. Feels like a healthy meal and tastes quite good. But the noodles are expensive for the amount you get. I get the angel hair version. We like the smaller size. 

Honored Contributor

I grew up eating those noodles. They're a Japanese staple. My mom would make stir-fry with them mostly and also noodle soups, like ramen.