Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes @The root can causes gastrointestinal side effects in some people. Eat in moderation. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44wrote:

Where did you purchase them?  I believe Whole Foods carries them, but I don't think I've seen them anywhere else.

My daughter ordered them from Amazon but I have also seen the on the Walmart website. If you type in Shiratake noodles it will give several places you can buy them from

Respected Contributor

@Mindy Dwrote: The root can causes gastrointestinal side effects in some people. Eat in moderation. 

Thanks but I have never had any gastrointestinal problems thank goodness !  I tried them years ago, no issues

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Mindy Dwrote: The root can causes gastrointestinal side effects in some people. Eat in moderation. 

Thanks but I have never had any gastrointestinal problems thank goodness !  I tried them years ago, no issues

The reason for these issues is because they are a very high fiber food.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Goodie2shoes 

Where did you purchase them?  I believe Whole Foods carries them, but I don't think I've seen them anywhere else.

I get mine from Amazon and the brand nme is "It's Skinny Pasta" Doesn't have that smell that most brands have.

Trusted Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Goodie2shoes 

I get mine from Amazon and the brand nme is "It's Skinny Pasta" Doesn't have that smell that most brands have.

@arrabella  I have both this brand you’re mentioning and the Miracle Noodle. I agree with what you’re saying about the Skinny Pasta. 

I’m able to buy both versions at my grocery store. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I haven't had them since early in my keto journey. Maybe I'll try them again.  My pasta alternatives are zoodles, hearts of palm linguini, and spaghetti squash.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  I’ve been intrigued with your journey. Always interested in what you’re doing. 

I’m curious, do you have a brand of hearts of palm you like? I was doing some online looking and see there is a variety. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I haven't had them since early in my keto journey. Maybe I'll try them again.  My pasta alternatives are zoodles, hearts of palm linguini, and spaghetti squash.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  I’ve been intrigued with your journey. Always interested in what you’re doing. 

I’m curious, do you have a brand of hearts of palm you like? I was doing some online looking and see there is a variety. 

Hi @Teddie  Thanks.  It's been quite a journey and I'm very happy with my improved health and results.  I'm always open to answering any questions. 😊

I've been using the Palmini brand, mainly because I can get them on subscription through Amazon.  The other day I used the mashed ones and made a spin on loaded mashed potatoes by adding butter, a tiny splash of heavy cream, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, S&P.  Yum!   That said, I recently noticed  a 3-pack of the hearts of palm linguine at Costco (can't remember the brand), for $9.99, I think, so I'd like to try them one of these days. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Hi @Teddie  Thanks.  It's been quite a journey and I'm very happy with my improved health and results.  I'm always open to answering any questions. 😊

I've been using the Palmini brand, mainly because I can get them on subscription through Amazon.  The other day I used the mashed ones and made a spin on loaded mashed potatoes by adding butter, a tiny splash of heavy cream, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, S&P.  Yum!   That said, I recently noticed  a 3-pack of the hearts of palm linguine at Costco (can't remember the brand), for $9.99, I think, so I'd like to try them one of these days. 

@JeanLouiseFinch  You are the type of person who I could sit and visit with for awhile about this subject—you and many others here. I’ve always been fascinated and love this subject of healthy eating and good nutrition. It’s been most of my lifelong journey too. 

Thank you so very much for your kind and helpful answer.  You’ve replied before and I appreciate that! 😊