Honored Contributor

Shingrix shingles vaccine at Publix

I checked on the price for this vaccine at CVS , Walgreens and Publix pharmacy. With my ins. CVS was $230 per shot, Walgreens was $250 per shot but Publix was only $160. Asked my doctor's NP and she said that their group asks them to recommend their patients get these shots. I thought it over and decided to get it.First shot Friday - arm slightly swollen and sore but no real pain - just tenderness. For some unknown reason my other shoulder is hurting me - DH said it must be sympathy pain for it's partner on the other side. I asked about my latex allergy and the container it is in as that was why I never got the old shingles shot. It turns out it was in a prefilled glass syringe, so no issue there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shingrix shingles vaccine at Publix

Medicare Part D: costs to me 8.00 at Publix 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Medicare Part D: costs to me 8.00 at Publix 

Part D insurance is  different company to company, area to area of where you live, and what plan you bought. On the same street 10 different people who have medicare part D could easily have 10 different amounts.

Since I have an advantage plan and my premium is $0, even paying  for this shot - I probably haven't paid anywhere near what folks who use part D are paying per year in premiums.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 

Not sure who your referencing?  Certainly not me.

I am not on any medication nor have health issues. I also have blue-cross. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

@151949 I thought the Shingles shot was just one shot?  I don't understand.

I know you can get discount cards.  Have you looked into that?

I had the Shingles shot several years ago but COSTCO mixed it up on me (story of my life) so I'm STILL not sure if that's the one they gave me!

I'll probably get it again just to be sure as I took care of my mother when she had the Shingles and it was bad.

My best friend's sister just had Shingles but she said she thinks her sister just had poison ivy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66

I've had the single shot, too, but the new one which is supposed to be more effective is a two-shot deal, spaced a month apart between doses.

I have a doctor's order to present at a pharmacy for the new two-step Shingrex,....heh........when I get around to it, and when my Publix pharmacy has the vaccine available.  Doctor's own office did not have any available.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My husband and I both had the shot. We each paid $15 ,each time we got the shot. We got the shot in 2 parts..We are both fine, very glad we got the shot. Shingles are dreadful

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 Thanks for taking time to explain it.  I have IGG so I figure I should get it.

I heard from the Dr (IGG Dr) and I need to go in and talk to him about another infusion.  I've been putting it off.  I'll call Monday and make an appt to talk to him about the shots and a few other things. 

Thanks again, it was nice of you to explain.