Respected Contributor

Shine in Chickenfat Commercial?

Does anyone have one? How do you like it?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shine in Chickenfat Commercial?

No, but I LOVE that song!! Exercised to it every day in grade school!

Honored Contributor

LOL it is catchy.....had not thought about it in years until i heard that song. now i cannot get it out of my head. my mom didnt even remember it! i had to tell her what it was from and that it came out during the early 60s.

GO YOU CHICKEN FAT GO!!!!!!!! lol

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

http://youtu.be/af2j59zzX3Q. Robert Preston sang it. Cute video. I was trying to remember where I heard this song. Must have been school!
Respected Contributor

I know!!! It's my favorite commercial. Hadn't heard that song in years and years!! Anyway, I looked up the shine and found it on Amazon. It has pretty good reviews and doesn't look at all like a "pedometer".

Just wondering if anyone has one...

Honored Contributor

my brother found that record, that mom and I exercised to way back when I still lived at home. She was from the era like Mr. Kellogg in Battle Creek who believed in exercise and eating for your health. I heard that the other day and almost fainted! LOL Remembered almost all the words. LOL I'll have to see what my brother did with that record. He probably pitched it.

Wanted to add: can you say Jack LaLaine too?

Honored Contributor

What is that all about? After the commercial's been on I sit there and try to figure out what is it selling?

Respected Contributor

On 6/28/2014 annabellethecat said:

What is that all about? After the commercial's been on I sit there and try to figure out what is it selling?

It's an iphone commercial.

Honored Contributor

What's the name of the phone? Is the phone called chickenfat? I'm confused but that's nothing new......I live in a state of confusion.

Trusted Contributor

This song was commissioned by JFK for his youth physical fitness program. Meredith Wilson ("Music Man") wrote it and Robert Preston (also, "Music Man") sang it. It was, indeed, used in schools during gym.

Enjoy! especially us Baby Boomers!