Esteemed Contributor

Last night, I got a sharp pain in my stomach - continued for several hours during the night. This morning, the pain started again - and it's now 6PM in Calif. I threw up several times during the day. I had breakfast this morning and didn't eat for the rest of the day.

I had diverticulitis several times in the past from eating nuts - and it feels like that. I didn't eat nuts, so I'm hoping it's just the flu.

The doctor was out today and will be this weekend --- hoping it goes away soon.

Could it be the flu???

Honored Contributor

Re: Sharp Pain in my Stomach

[ Edited ]

Lots of foods can trigger diverticulitis, not just nuts

Flu is fever, coughing, generally upper respiratory type symptoms.

Hope you feel better soon

Edit - before you run to the ER call your doctors' office, either he will call back or whoever is covering for him will.    Let the doctor tell you what to do

Regular Contributor

Abd9minalpain could be several things, appendicitis, gallbladder, diverticulitis.

No, it is not the flu.

You need to call a physician or ED. Asking for health adviceon the QVC forum is not the place.

Respected Contributor

Go to ER. My husband had sharp pain for a few days and had diverticulitis he was in hospital for almost a week. If he hadn’t gotten better he was going to have surgery. He didn’t have surgery the antibiotics worked. But don’t take a chance.

Honored Contributor

@kivah You need medical attention ASAP.

This could be very very serious. PLEASE get some medical help NOW!  This is nothing to fool with.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Last night, I got a sharp pain in my stomach - continued for several hours during the night. This morning, the pain started again - and it's now 6PM in Calif. I threw up several times during the day. I had breakfast this morning and didn't eat for the rest of the day.

I had diverticulitis several times in the past from eating nuts - and it feels like that. I didn't eat nuts, so I'm hoping it's just the flu.

Could it be the flu???

@kivah wrote:

Could it be the flu???

@kivah wrote:

Could it be the flu???

@kivah 

What side of your stomach was hurting--left or right?  Was it in the upper part of your stomach or down low?

Honored Contributor

@kivah.  You've asked for advice and have gotten it.  You need to see a doctor ASAP.  Sharp stomach pains could be serious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@kivah you should go to the ER. Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Could it be the flu???

Instead of emailing the boards, call the doc back and get the weekend doc, or go to the ER. This doesn't sound like flu.  Could be appendicitis -- the point is, you don't know and you need to -- sooner rather than later. 

Honored Contributor

@kivah  How are you doing? Did you find out what was wrong?