Respected Contributor

Severe weather here in NYC, very high winds and unbelievable winds & unrest.

This strong storm with gusting high winds and rain was supposed to subside according to the Weather Channel at 11:30 pm on 02/24/16, and here it is almost 12:00 am and the winds are still racing and gusting, and everything is shaking.

The chandeliers are slowly swaying, and one definitely feels vibrations from this dangerous Storm.

All the dogs and cats have stood hovering quite

close to us.

Can't wait for this dangerous weather to cease.

Our hearts goe out to the devastation this Storm has caused, as well as the loss of lives.

"May God offer the survivors comfort, and the wisdom to accept what they cannot change, and the strength to move on in life".

May everyone remain safe, until the danger passes.

It is very dangerous to venture outdoors, because things are flying by due to the very high winds of this Storm, so remain indoors if possible, stay away from windows, and remain warm and safe.

Respected Contributor

Re: Severe weather here in NYC, very high winds and unbelievable winds & unrest.

I know how you feel, I think that's the storm that came thru here in St. Louis last night and this morning dropping about 4" of heavy wet snow and high winds. It was scary, I thought my roof would cave in from the tree limbs blowing and hitting the roof with heavy snow. Winds were 40+, my power was out for about 12 hrs, just back on @ 8  tonight. Very cold, then my U-verse went out finally back on about 10:30 CST. ( I was really worried about the TV, it stays on all night, can't sleep without it)   Power lines fell across a major highway, both north and south lanes, right in the middle of am rush hr and I think it took about 7 hrs to clear the road, schools closed. Thousands were without power. What a Day !! But  I was blessed to wake up this morning so I just say thank you Lord and keep it moving.  Hang tight, stay safe,you will get thru it.  I went to my daughter's house, she only lives about 3 blocks from me and she had power !  It was crazy.

Regular Contributor

Re: Severe weather here in NYC, very high winds and unbelievable winds & unrest.

We live in Westchester County, NY.  A tree fell in our front yard about an hour ago and took the cable with it.  No TV until cable service people come tomorrow.  Things have calmed down now and so finally my dog was able to go to sleep.  This weather makes him a nervous wreck.

Trusted Contributor

Winds were literally roaring all night here in Southern Conn.  Started around 9:00 p.m. and just got worse as the night wore on.    It was unnerving, to say the least.  Kept me awake.  And just when things quieted down and I finally fell asleep, the darned smoke alarm in the hall started beeping because of a low battery.  Appreciate the alarm, but does it always have to start during the night???  Needless to say,  I've been up since 4:05, can't sleep, and it'll be a l-o-n-g day!!!

Respected Contributor

Thank goodness the severe weather by me ended, but I am so very sad that so many others were really badly affected in various States.

Mother Nature can never be dismissed, and warnings should really be taken very seriously.

Now I hope some non destructive weather brightens our skies again.

Honored Contributor

I live on a lake. Being its so wide open we live with high winds especially during the winter. Our winds last night averaged 45mph. That's just normal. I love how Mother Nature is always challenging us. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Horrific rain and wind in Morris/Sussex counties. I'm very happy we still have power.

Hope everyone came out OK.........

Super Contributor

@violann  Glad you came out ok.  It was rough in Southern Bergen County.  I saw on the news that a tractor trailer was blown over on GW bridge.          

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I hope everyone remained safe, and am so glad that Storm finally passed!