Valued Contributor

Re: Severe Neck Pain--Arthritis

I've had steroid injections in both sides of my neck.  Had this done by a pain management doctor.  The shots did help considerably.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

How old are your mattress and your pillow?

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

In my post in the "arthritis thread" I mentioned my 3 crushed cervical discs. I understand the differences between that and Anterolisthesis. I have had this since a mixed broom ball hockey game with my wife in the mid 1970's. Supposedly just a fun game for mixed gender teams, on skates.

Missed over a week of work/could not open my mouth enough to eat, so it was liquid nutrition for over 3 weeks. All my GP knew back then was: muscle relaxer med and wearing a neck brace. It has bothered me periodically ever since this stupid incident.

My late friend was a Chiropractor, whom I met in the mid 1980's, looking for back and neck relief. For a while I was seeing him every few weeks, or when it really effected my movement. It was the right answer for my issue.

Over the years his Adjustments kept me pretty much pain free. Met him ice skating with his girls, and he adjusted my neck in the lobby! 🙂 I still get an occasional stiff and painful neck in some movements, but it generally dissipates, on it's own in a few days.

Not sure if Chiropractic is recommended for your issue, but it sure was the answer for me over the many decades since this uncalled for injury by some moronic jerk.

Hoping you find some type of long term relief for your cervical issue.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch   Thank you so much for all of this helpful information.  I'm very sorry for the pain you are having, too, and what your husband went through.  I hate to discuss my pain with any of my friends so it's helpful to be able to talk about it here.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@NickNack 

How old are your mattress and your pillow?

@lolakimono   I have a high quality mattress that is five years old.  I've tried so many different pillows I couldn't count them.  The one I'm using now is about a year old.  I've never found a pillow that was perfect.

-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

@lolakimono i have virtually no cartilage in my neck so I know about fragile necks.   If you haven't tried My Pillow, I suggest you do give it a shot.  It has helped me tremendously.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack I'm like you.  I have arthritis really bad in my hands and really...my entire body.  You can see it in my hands.

I have to wear two rings because I need a big size to go over my knuckles and the other one keeps it from turning backwards.

I also have plastic covering the vertebra in my neck.  Last year at the height of Covid I broke a vertebra.

When I was 18 I fractured 3 vertebra across my back where the bra goes.

I have 2 fake knees (got them done at same time).

I always say...I'm kinda glued together.  But at least I'm upright and can still put one foot in front of the other.

All of that boo boos and I have some amazing cream that a compound center puts together for me.

It is amazing!  Not cheap because insurance doesn't cover it.  

My back Dr put them together for me.  I have them (compound center) make two tubes at a time for me.

If you (or any of you are interested) I can see if I can read the ingredients from the tube.

Take them and ask your Dr if it will help you.  I've given the ingredients to so many people, I've lost count.

All you do is you or someone else put about a dime size amount and rub it on your neck, etc.  The pain will subscide immediately.

The only problem is that (because it's a creme) it only lasts for a few hours.

My daughter broke her knee 2 years ago.  It has healed but sometimes it aches really bad.

She gave the ingredients to her Dr who wrote a prescription for it.

She swears by it.  I know it has Lidocaine and a few other things in it.

Let me know if you want the ingredients.  To attract my attention...please put..@annabellethecat.  That way I'll see it and know you'd like the ingredients so you can ask your Dr about it.

When I say expensive, I usually pay about $125 or more for 1 tube.  But it will last you a long time because it takes a small amount.

I'm sorry you hurt so bad.  Believe me, you aren't alone.  I always say the way my hands are all knotted up and bent people can see that.

But they can't see the arthritis all in my spine and neck.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@lolakimono   I have a high quality mattress that is five years old.  I've tried so many different pillows I couldn't count them.  The one I'm using now is about a year old.  I've never found a pillow that was perfect.

@NickNack

I sleep in a recliner and have for many years now. On occasion I do lie down for a little while. For me the Tony Little pillow works best for me.

My wife, who always sleeps in a bed! She says the more rigid My Pillow is the best for her. She has no cervical or lumbar issues, that I know of anyways.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Thank you for suggesting the compounded cream for my neck pain.  I would really like to have the ingredients.  If you don't respond to this post I will start another thread directed to your attention.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

I am so sorry you are dealing with this pain.

Have had multiple steroid injections in knee, which reduced pain significantly for months.  However, has no relevance to your concern.

Just wanted to stop by and say, thinking of you, hope you find relief, and hey to Henry and Ava.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras