Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I can't use Voltaren but my PCP give me an Rx fora  Meloxicam and lidocream topical to appy at the pain.  Works for me but I don't have RA, yet.

My doctor wanted me to try Lidocane cream so I filled a prescription.  It cost my insurance company $890. And it doesn't work as well as my OTC Voltaren.  I would never have filled the Lidocane script if I'd known the cost.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions. I already use Volatren Gel (for other RA related issues) tried on my knees and really had no relief.

i was able to get an appt on Monday with ortho dr. In the meantime my RA dr called in a Rx for Meloxicam (sp) also suggested the ice therapy treatment.

I did a hour of walking in the pool today and I guess that was a good thing w/the Rx as its not as painful tonite. (I walk everyday on pavement maybe it's too much now or my RA factor maybe changing or I have inflammation).

thank you again.

Trusted Contributor

You are lucky you got an appt so fast. I called early last week and wanted to get my knee replaced the end of Sept. I can not even get an appointment to see the doctor until the end of October. I was hoping to try some of these new shots in the meantime. It is difficult to get into my primary physicion, too.