Regular Contributor

Serovital-anyone take as a supplement?

I just purchased some and have been taking it for 2 weeks.  I am 54 and have been complaining to my doc for years that I have no energy, tired all of the time, etc., extremely hard to lose weight even though I exercise and eat quite well-not perfect but well, and all my tests always come back w/in normal limits.   I saw this advertised and figured why not give it a try and honestly-this is the only thing that I have changed and I already have more energy than I did before and I've actually lost a few pounds!   

The only downside I see is I think it is expensive and was wondering what experiences anyone else has had and/or if someone has found a less expensive alternative to it.  So far I am quite pleased and want to continue it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Serovital-anyone take as a supplement?

@pegsue wrote:

I just purchased some and have been taking it for 2 weeks.  I am 54 and have been complaining to my doc for years that I have no energy, tired all of the time, etc., extremely hard to lose weight even though I exercise and eat quite well-not perfect but well, and all my tests always come back w/in normal limits.   I saw this advertised and figured why not give it a try and honestly-this is the only thing that I have changed and I already have more energy than I did before and I've actually lost a few pounds!   

The only downside I see is I think it is expensive and was wondering what experiences anyone else has had and/or if someone has found a less expensive alternative to it.  So far I am quite pleased and want to continue it.

@pegsue  If you use the search feature, you'll find a discussion (one I know of, maybe there's more) in the Beauty forum.  Some have had success.  I tried a Vitacost dupe and ended up having to stop it because of a bothersome side effect.

Honored Contributor

@pegsueDid you buy at Costco...even though it is still expensive, you do save some money.  Keep us posted on your success!

Honored Contributor

I've seen the infomercials and I have no faith in informercial stuff like that however, there is the placebo effect.  Meaning if you think it will make you feel better,  it probably will.  So continue taking it.

Respected Contributor

I took it once and it raised my blood pressure.  I was told because of the hormones that's what happens.  I have high blood pressure so I had to stop.  I have the same problems you have, low energy.  Sometimes I can't get up and dressed to go out.  That can also be depression and I take something for that too.

Regular Contributor

Chrystaltree-I don't believe my feeling better is a placebo effect, actually I tried this thinking it probably was going to upset my stomach when I found out it was to be taken on empty stomach and figured it wasn't going to work and was wasting money and time but what the heck, I'd try for a month or two and see.  I am happy so far.  I am definitely going to check out Vitacost.

Esteemed Contributor

Basically it is a blend of amino acids.

I tried it for $69 from Ulta and I felt too bloated to continue and got my $ back.  The bloating made me feel like PMS.

There is a YT tutorial on how to dupe it with aminos off Amazon for $35?

Honored Contributor

@pegsue wrote:

Chrystaltree-I don't believe my feeling better is a placebo effect, actually I tried this thinking it probably was going to upset my stomach when I found out it was to be taken on empty stomach and figured it wasn't going to work and was wasting money and time but what the heck, I'd try for a month or two and see.  I am happy so far.  I am definitely going to check out Vitacost.

That is exactly what the Placebo effect is.  You are happy with it, you feel better taking it.  But you have no way of knowing that it's doing anything at all for you.  It's totally subjective and based on you how you feel.  That's not a bad thing.  Our minds and bodies are connected in mysterious ways.  

Honored Contributor

@pegsue

If your doctor says your tests are all in a good range and you have no serious movement issues, here is the least expensive things I have found.  That would be more movement with a higher heart rate, for short periods of time, rest as it comes down, then repeat.

Do that an incrementally increase the number of faster repetitions, and decrease the amount of rest time in-between each rep walking/swimming/skating/running/biking, are all good cardio exercises. Better physical fitness is the only elixir I have found for more energy. That along with carrying less body weight have always improved my energy levels.

Does this method work quickly? No, it is a slow incremental way of gaining physical fitness, which always equals more energy for everything one does during their regular daily lives, and the cheapest.

Gotta go! Time to get my ice skating gear in the car for my regular 2 hour sessions.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)