Honored Contributor

See Pfizer’s trial results Briefing Document as presented to the FDA Vaccine Committee tomorrow

[ Edited ]

Tomorrow the FDA Vaccine Commitee will review this Briefing Document and decide whether to grant emergency use status for the vaccine. Every side effect that was seen during the trial is in this. What's surprising are the four cases of appendicitis in the vaccine group versus zero cases in the placebo group. This amount is still below the amount that would be considered significant, but it still makes me think. The underlying conditions of each participant that had a side effect are discussed. 
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj8toXjjcLtAhVG-6wKHRL0BoQQ...

Honored Contributor

Re: See Pfizer’s trial results Briefing Document as presented to the FDA Vaccine Committee tomorrow

I'm sick of hearing about vaccine this and vaccine that.  Just tell me when and where the line will form.  If anything goes wrong, we'll hear more than we want to know.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: See Pfizer’s trial results Briefing Document as presented to the FDA Vaccine Committee tomorrow

Well, after seeing there were 4 with facial paralysis and 2 who had ANAPHYLACTIC (not anaphylactoid) reaction, I am not going to jump to the front of the line.  I have been admonished by my doctors about flu shot.

Esteemed Contributor

No placebo for me!!

For the over 55 crowd-

• 22.6% chance of fatigue 
  • 18.1 chance of headache

after the first dose of PLACEBO!

Where or where do they find these special snowflakes?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   Thank you for posting this.  I skimmed over the material and gleaned some things that I feel are important for me to know.

I didn't know that even if allowed to be given for emergency use, the vaccine still would not be approved as safe or being effective.That is eye opening.  

Also, the individuals who were in the study were mostly white people under the age of 55.  I wonder why seniors and minorities did not make up a higher percentage.

The cardiac incidents after the vaccine was given are scary.  They could be just a coincidence, but maybe not.  Having someone young die soon right after the injection raises questions for me.

There were also a few appendectomies that were needed soon after the injections..maybe another coincidence or not.

I like to be informed.  Hopefully, more good news information will be available in the months to come.  I think it willl be many months before my number comes up to be invited to take the vaccine.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining.  You need to look up the definition of a placebo.  I guarantee you won't get one.  LOL.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know what this particular placebo contains but in the past, some vaccination placebos have contained the same/similar preservatives and heavy metals as the vaccines being tested although they didn't contain the active vaccine ingredient itself.

Contributor

When I read your post mentioning facial paralysis after the Covid vaccine I was reminded of a swine flu type vaccine that was fast tracked by the US Govt in 1976 after a nineteen year old male soldier died at Fort Dix. It was determined that he died by a type of swine flu.

After being given this swine flu vaccine dozens of the 1976 vaccine recipients were diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome, a rare neurological disorder causing muscle weakness, tingling in the extremities and paralysis. No link to this syndrome and the vaccine have ever been proven, but the distribution of this vaccine was stopped.

The 1976 flu was no where near as virulent as Covid 19 and did not spread outside of Fort Dix if I recall correctly.

Here is a long but interesting printed article from the History Channel if anyone is interested:

https://www.history.com/news/swine-flu-rush-vaccine-election-year-1976

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I don't know what this particular placebo contains but in the past, some vaccination placebos have contained the same/similar preservatives and heavy metals as the vaccines being tested although they didn't contain the active vaccine ingredient itself.

@Nonametoday, this is absolutely not the case in vaccine clinical trials.  By definition to be approved for study, the "placebo" to be injected must be an inert substance and almost excusively is plain ole normal saline.  That is quick, easy, cheaper, and readily available to them to even conduct the study.  

They don't use anything other than normal saline and any preservative would be what is added to the vials of normal saline that is used in medical settings all over the world.  They don't want any other additive in the placebo with injections so they can get a better comparison between the vaccine and placebo groups. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

@Marlea Lee wrote:

When I read your post mentioning facial paralysis after the Covid vaccine I was reminded of a swine flu type vaccine that was fast tracked by the US Govt in 1976 after a nineteen year old male soldier died at Fort Dix. It was determined that he died by a type of swine flu.

After being given this swine flu vaccine dozens of the 1976 vaccine recipients were diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome, a rare neurological disorder causing muscle weakness, tingling in the extremities and paralysis. No link to this syndrome and the vaccine have ever been proven, but the distribution of this vaccine was stopped.

The 1976 flu was no where near as virulent as Covid 19 and did not spread outside of Fort Dix if I recall correctly.

Here is a long but interesting printed article from the History Channel if anyone is interested:

https://www.history.com/news/swine-flu-rush-vaccine-election-year-1976

@Marlea Lee, this is brought up frequently by people but I think that many do not understand that Guillian Barre Syndrome occurs in many people that have not received any vaccine.  

This is not a syndrome that is confined to people that receive vaccines.  While the specific cause of Guillian Barre is not totally understood, it occurs secondary after viral or bacterial infections.  There are some pathogens responsible for some viral and bacterial infections that seem to have a higher risk of Guillian Barre post infection. 

In fact, Guillian Barre has occurred after people recovered from Covid-19 that had not received a influenza vaccination.

So bottom line is that anyone experiencing certain type of infections are at risk for Guillian Barre, regardless of vaccination.

So both vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals are at risk for Guillian Barre, with vaccinated individuals not being at any increased risk than non-vaccinated individuals.

Dr. Peter Donofrio from Vanderbilt University is a noted expert in this area that studies Guillian Barre and is chairman of GBS International.  He states that Gullian Barre has a significantly higher risk of occurring in those that have a natural influenza infection than any type of vaccination.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *