Valued Contributor

Re: Scalp tenderness, Rosecea symptoms, neck and shoulder tightness...anyone have?

Have you ever been tested for scleroderma or sjogrens?

Super Contributor

Re: Scalp tenderness, Rosecea symptoms, neck and shoulder tightness...anyone have?

[ Edited ]

Please check the food you eat.  When I was 10 or 11 I started getting a tight feeling in my throat and asthma attacks.  I went through tons of tests.  As I got older, these attacks decreased.  Then I started having more attacks.  I also developed severe hives and swelling at times. 

Long story short.....I'm allergic to Yellow Dye #5.  This demon food additive is in many, many foods.  I discovered that Lipton noodle soup has this dye....this is what started my road to allergy attacks. 

I am also allergic to Dove and Ghirardelli chocolate.  The Dove caused sores on my scalp and face.  This same reaction occurred to a workmate....we were binging on Dove chocolate.

So bottom line....check your food.

Also, I have cervical spondylolisthesis and I would get terrible migraines and neck pain.  Ever since I've been using 'MyPillow'  (I use the firm) they have disappeared and that has been 2 years.  Before that I would use cervical traction for pain relief.

One other thing...I have Carcinoid Cancer and one of the signs of Carcinoid Syndrome is flushing.  This cancer is a zebra because the signs and symptoms can be caused by many other things.  Ask your doctor to do a Chromogranin A blood test and a  5-HIAA 24 hour urine test.  These tests will tell you if you have Carcinoid.....not 100% but better than nothing.

Good luck, Gail

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Contributor

Thank you all for your comments...appreciate it.  I have had the 24 hour urine test..twice.  Came back negative.  I actually thought originally that that is what I had..carcinoid being the adrenaline rushes at times but ruled it out.  Sjorens ruled out also.  Going to look into PT for neck.  Feel like I should strengthen it rather than let it progressively get worse.  Thanks again.

Esteemed Contributor

Scalp tenderness can be a sign of thyroid problems.  That is very common. 

It could be your hormone levels are going up and down - they can cause a lot of issues. 

Contributor

Snowangel, sorry to hear about your pain. I have been down a long road to recovery for a variety of symptoms.  I wont go into detail here but will offer 2 suggestions. One is to look into delayed response allergy testing.  The other is to find a Lyme literate doctor in your area. Good luck and Godspeed.