Honored Contributor

Does anyone know where I can real 100% sandalwood essential oil for a reasonable price?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sandalwood essential oil

@CalminHeart  I get mine at Wegman's. But you can probably purchase from iherb or even Vitacost or any of the vitamin on-line stores. (All reasonably priced.)

Regular Contributor

Real Sandalwood oil is VERY EXPENSIVE! What is commonly found in stores in highly diluted and has other additives.

A site I can recommend - even just to read about why so expensive - with the testing to back up any claims is called Natures Gift dot com.

Have a look under the Aromatherapy products tab - Essential oils. The Sandalwoods have their own designation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As @clarika  said REAL sandalwood EO is very expensive.  Inexpensive = fake or adulterated oil.

If you need the real stuff look for a site that sells tiny quantities an only buy what you need.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sandalwood essen@tial oil

@clarika   Thanks for recommending this website....very informative.  I would like to take a workshop in essential oils and was hoping they were offering one.  Everything is online and I would like the interaction of a hands-on class.  There is a lot of information on this site, so appreciate your recommendation.  I'll probably be ordering from them.

@clarika wrote:

Real Sandalwood oil is VERY EXPENSIVE! What is commonly found in stores in highly diluted and has other additives.

A site I can recommend - even just to read about why so expensive - with the testing to back up any claims is called Natures Gift dot com.

Have a look under the Aromatherapy products tab - Essential oils. The Sandalwoods have their own designation.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon !  ...........of course

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sandalwood essen@tial oil

Just a warning about real essential oils.  The temptation is great, but DO NOT stick your nose down to the bottle.  Learned that lesson the hard way.  

I ordered a several probably 7 or 8 years ago.  Most of them remain in a cardboard box inside a vanity drawer.  They are so strong I could not even leave them out in the open without smelling them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Most essential oils are meant to be diluted with a carrier oil. If you're buying a less expensive version, it's likely already been diluted. Depending on what your goal is, you may find cheaper alternatives.

For some good info on EO's and their uses, Dr. Mercola offers a comprehensive list on his website.

Honored Contributor

In Europe essential oils are considered medicine, the only EOs I would use without being diluted in a carrier oil is organic lavender and tea tree oil. My husband got rid of the skin tags on his face in just 3 weeks dabbing tee tree oil directly on the skin tags and they have not returned. I buy my oils from Bulk Apothecary or Amazon. I have never ordered sandalwood because of the expense, the sandalwood they sell at Walmart and those places is not the true sandalwood as someone else mentioned previously.