Esteemed Contributor

I first discovered their benefit when I developed breathing issues from an auto immune disorder.

Many offer reclining lounge chairs. The closest one to me offers a children's room for quiet, supervised play seated at a table.  You need shoe covers that are provided and you may bring in bottled water or a warm tea.

30-60 minutes is standard. Quiet music while reclining in a chair.

Highly recommend a salt lamp as an alternative. Haven't tried a sink with salt water but I will tonite with a few drops of eucalyptus oil.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  I don't know if the salt lamps helped with the sinus issue (perhaps?).  I do know that not eating dairy is a major factor and a hot sauna is also high on the list.  I like the natural quality of the lamps and they are very beautiful.

@SilleeMee wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

No, but I have two Himalayan salt lamps...very beautiful especially in a bathroom!  I had no more sinus problems after giving up dairy and the sauna helped also.  I wish you the best.  The salt room sounds intriguing.

@phoenixbrd,

What are you experiencing with those salt lamps? I was wanting to buy at least one.

Honored Contributor

I would think living near the coastline would have the same effect, what with the salty sea air, but I've never heard of any studies done that show a difference in health among people living at the coast.

The salt rooms strike me as one of those "can't hurt" things to try if you've got the time, money and are willing to give it a shot. I'm just not sure it would help anything, but hey, it shouldn't hurt anything either. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Regular Contributor

In August I visited my daughters in the Las Vegas area.  I found a Groupon for 2 hour long salf cave sessions and purchased 3 of them for us to try.  We all have allergies.  I must say it was relaxing and did seem to help our sinuses some.  If I lived there, I would have bought their package deal for sessions.  

I don't know if the salt lamps would have the same effect as the cave experience because the cave had walls made of salt blocks and rock salt covering the floor.  During the hour long session they pumped in salt air to breathe.  

Wish we had this close to where I live.  

Respected Contributor

I put himalayan pink salt in my tart warmer in my bedroom.  Many of the salt lamps have caught fire due to the salt and wireing.  Watch what you buy if you do pick one up.

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I put himalayan pink salt in my tart warmer in my bedroom.  Many of the salt lamps have caught fire due to the salt and wireing.  Watch what you buy if you do pick one up.

That's a really good idea with the tart warmer @esmeraldagooch. I have also been concerned about those salt lamps and the wiring problem. Thanks for the warmer rec. I'm going to try that.