Contributor

Safe Cookware for Cancer Survivor

[ Edited ]

I was recently diagnosed with cancer; thankfully, it was caught in time and I did not need chemotherapy or radiation.  I'm in the process of updating my cookware to something that is non-toxic and cookware that does not have aluminum.  I basically want something that's all natural and that is easy to clean and maintain.  

I did read something on a ceramic line by Xtrema but it's made in China.  My sister-in-law recommeded GreenPan, but I'm concerned about theThermolon, don't know what it actually is.

If anyone has any experience, I would love to hear about it.

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Anna

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Safe Cookware for Cancer Survivor

I have to say i stick to stainless....don't buy anything with coatings for non stick..........just my way.....try to get the old Farberware Classics.........................

Contributor

Thank you Kelsey, I'll look into that.

Trusted Contributor

I have no cookware suggestions, but wanted to send LOVE and BLESSINGS your way ~~~~

Respected Contributor

Wishing you health and strength and healing ❤️ 

Trusted Contributor

Pots & Pans = Stainless steel.

Maybe some Pyrex/Corningware glass casseroles and bakers

Le Creuset Dutch Ovens - ceramic interior only, get the ones made in France

No non-stick, no aluminum

Honored Contributor

Hi! Im glad they caught it in time and you didn't have to get chemoSmiley Happy

I too would just get stainless steel or ceramic with no aluminum and made in France or Italy. I get frying pans from Home Goods, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx. But lately the ones not made in China are hard to find.I do love the ceramic ones-very easy to clean and are naturally non stick.

As someone else said, pyrex or glass for ovenware is good.

I recently got a Roch Guss frying pan made in Italy that is stainless steel but with a speckled interior. I like it even better than the ceramic. It doesn't scratch. Also got that at I think Home Goods.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Image result for wishing you good health images

Contributor

Thank you Irish1210 for your love and blessings, you are too sweet and made my day.

Contributor

Thank you Azcowgirl for your kind words, you are too sweat.  Do you live in AZ?  I hope to visit there someday and maybe even move there.