Honored Contributor

Re: Sabra Hummus and me. Recall.

@skatting44 wrote:

Why are there so many frequent food recalls ? Are companies so sloppy or what is going on in the country .

@skatting44 I have noticed a lot of the recalls are nut related.  Like something has hazelnuts in and it was missed.  

What I wonder it that a LOT of this could be relabeled and still consumed.  We are wasting tons of food I guess. Couldn't a warning label added and it still be sold?  Or at least used somewhere.

I don't think food waste on QVC is anything at all to worry about, but we are talking lots and lots and lots of food here that most of the public doesn't have an issue with. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Why are there so many frequent food recalls ? Are companies so sloppy or what is going on in the country .

@skatting44 I have noticed a lot of the recalls are nut related.  Like something has hazelnuts in and it was missed.  

What I wonder it that a LOT of this could be relabeled and still consumed.  We are wasting tons of food I guess. Couldn't a warning label added and it still be sold?  Or at least used somewhere.

I don't think food waste on QVC is anything at all to worry about, but we are talking lots and lots and lots of food here that most of the public doesn't have an issue with. 

I  do remember the Peanut butter recall many years ago that  was traced and proven to be  bad business practices  at a particular plant. What was described was really gross  filth. I don't remember if it was Skippy or Jiff  but  the  plant investigation  proceedings was on the news.  Also,  even though it was not food , the injectible steroids  just a few yrs ago that were terribly contaminated that lead to people dying and two of the companies  pharmacists are now in prision  for their involvement  in bad business practices   .

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   As you have found out, easy enough to avoid the tahini....still yummy.  Thanks for the notice on the recall.

@Mindy D wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Thanks @Mindy D 

FYI.....Easy to make hummus....a couple of cans of chick peas in the blender, fresh lemon juice, garlic, a tablespoon or tahini or miso (extras: jalapeno, smoked paprika, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, etc).  Check out recipes on-line.....better than Sabra. I always have these ingredients on hand - healthy, tasty, and only takes a few minutes.

@phoenixbrd @There have been many recalls of tahini. @skatting44