Honored Contributor

SOUTHERN🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

@SouthernBee

I sense desperation in your posts about diet and weight loss, and a feeling that you want to fix the situation but you don't know how to get started.  I wanted to reach out to you because I think that nutritional needs vary, and I wanted to suggest that you seek the services of a registered dietician.  You may have access through your health insurance for a consultation and a series of visits, but if it's not covered it might be a better savings in the long run to get something that is personalized to meet your needs. You have mentioned that you need to have groceries delivered, and there are many services that will bring fresh produce to your door.  

I think if you try to do this on your own, reading books from the library and watching YouTube videos, you'll get a lot of contradictory and potentially dangerous advice.  

That's all. I wish you luck in your endeavors.  It seems like you need someone to tell you what to do, and that you'll be able to get on board when you know exactly what to do.

Honored Contributor

Re: SOUTHERN🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

[ Edited ]

I'm concerned about you, too, @Southern Bee, and think @lolakimono is right that there is so much contradictory advice out there to sort through on your own.  

I shy away from any video where supplements and the like are being pushed.  I don't use anything like MTC oil.  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono : Thank you for your suggestions and concern. I have limited transportation and I don't drive.DH has memory issues and multiple health issues. DH can do a little driving- not at night and not in a lot of traffic. We pay someone for transportation but he works and only available on Wednesday and that day is necessary for DH multiple office visits. I see my doctor usually twice a year for bloodwork. Not trying to make excuses but stating what I deal with. I am frustrated. Doctor said other than my physical disabilities in good health- no sugar, heart, blood pressure issues but obesity and emotional eating. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@tansy : I appreciate your concern. Like so many people, I have a lot to deal with but trying to stay positive and find something to help  me. I have two close friends and we try to get together monthly. One has severe COPD and the other her- DH dealing with lung and kidney cancer. Trying to stay positive. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@lolakimono : Thank you for your suggestions and concern. I have limited transportation and I don't drive.DH has memory issues and multiple health issues. DH can do a little driving- not at night and not in a lot of traffic. We pay someone for transportation but he works and only available on Wednesday and that day is necessary for DH multiple office visits. I see my doctor usually twice a year for bloodwork. Not trying to make excuses but stating what I deal with. I am frustrated. Doctor said other than my physical disabilities in good health- no sugar, heart, blood pressure issues but obesity and emotional eating. Southern Bee

you are in good health despite some excess weight so that is a positive.Sorry you are experiencing difficult times over the health of your dh and friends.I would suggest trying to cut sugar from your diet.If you do that you will also cut significant calories.Try to fill up on veggies and unprocessed foods.i hope that you will find something to help you achieve your goal.

Honored Contributor

@dex : Thank you for the kind words and suggestions. I am very addicted to food and sugar. I try not to think about food and only eat when hungry. I need not to crave food and be able to look at food and not let it bother me. Southern Bee