Honored Contributor

Re: SIL and BIL receiving vaccine

I also know of one person, a relative, who lied - or stretched the truth - to get an appointment.  Other than losing some respect for them, it doesn't bother me.  I think karma will catch up with them.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I also know of one person, a relative, who lied - or stretched the truth - to get an appointment.  Other than losing some respect for them, it doesn't bother me.  I think karma will catch up with them.

In NJ all you have to do is lie and say you're a smoker, you get to go to the front of the line.....

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

In NJ all you have to do is lie and say you're a smoker, you get to go to the front of the line.....

Why would they go to the front of the line, doesn't it mean they get in line?  

Honored Contributor

In my county in NY 65 and over are getting the vaccine.

Valued Contributor

I find it frustrating that each state has different age  rules and even within states there are all kinds of exceptions.  I speak with friends who can't get it for themselves or even there elderly parents (aged 90+.).  Up until last week everyone I spoke with was able to receive or schedule their vaccine (most have had both shots, since most of my friends are 70+) and suddenly last week many hospitals were not getting there scheduled deliveries, cancelling appointmenst and adding to the long lines.. 

While I did not qualify under the age requirements  it was offered to me because I volunteer directly with people and have done so throughout the pandemic.  Initially I was going to decline but since it was offered and our local medical center was in the position they had excess vaccine I did not feel guilty getting mine a week or two before I tecnically qualified under the age requirements.  I hope that there wil be sufficient vaccine when I am scheduled for my second dose next week.  

Honored Contributor

Also, some are getting it because of who they just happen to know !!!

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Why would they go to the front of the line, doesn't it mean they get in line?  

@Bhvbum yes, they would get in line however a smoker 16 - 64 years old gets to go before a healthy 63 year old.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Naw, it doesn't bother me in the least. They are in their 70's. They should receive the vaccine! Who cares if they get it now or in a month? In the grand scheme of things, we all (those who choose to) will be vaccinated....period.

It wouldn't bother me either.

Trusted Contributor

@kitty60  They should have scheduled you for your 2nd dose at the time you had your 1st dose.  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

Just found out that my sister in law and brother in law received their 1st dose of the vaccine weeks ago and are getting 2nd shot this week. They are in their 70's and the state where they live are only vaccinating 80 and above. When I asked her how they were able to get it she said they "cheated" and said they were caregivers.  They are not.  Everyday in the hospital we have people come in and give heartbreaking stories about themselves or their elderly parents and why they need the vaccine. We have to turn them away because it's not available to the public yet. I am very upset that my SIL and BIL would do this. They are not the type of people, I thought, who would. They just received doses that could have gone to two 80 plus people who are eligible. Sorry, just had to get this off my chest.

@LuvmyLab @Where I live, in S. Florida, you must show your photo ID three different times before they vaccinate you.