Esteemed Contributor

@SEAMAIDEN CAN YOU GIVE INFO ON CARDITONE??

@SeaMaiden  You mentioned in a thread a while back the supplement CARDITONE.  I am interested in having my husband try this.  He is on 2 BP meds now and would prefer  not to be......I know you understand.  If there is something alternative, we are all for it.  We have tried Hawthorn Berries and didn't see much difference. 

I came across 2 different brands with the same ingredients.  They are both called CARDITONE.  Also, can you tell me how long it took for you to see an improvement?  Do you still take daily? 

Thanks for any info you can share, @SeaMaiden 

Any negative responses to alternative choices or how all drugs are herbs (not true), PLEASE, do not respond.  It will never change my mind about using a different route than BIG PHARMA.  It is a matter of opinion (and a ton of reading).  I respect other's opinions, please do the same.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: @SEAMAIDEN CAN YOU GIVE INFO ON CARDITONE??

I'm interested too - just now reading reviews of this product on Amazon - sounds amazing!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden - also, I see on some of the Amazon reviews that they complain about insomnia and diarrhea taking this supplement.  Can you address that?  I have insomnia as it is and don't think this would work for me if that is the case.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs   Here is the one I have been taking for many years.  I find that three tablets in the morning works best for me.  I also take Hawthorne Berry extract in the evening.   So he can keep taking that .  Your husband will need to see how many tablets  a day works for him.  He might start with one three times a day for a week... and if not enough progress is made  in his blood pressure going down.... up the ante and do two tablets  three times a day for a week and so on until he finds the right dosage for what he needs.   I also think walking almost every day for 45 minutes to an hour has helped keep my pressure down.

original-58-164-carditone-60-cardiovascular-support-60-caplets.png

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@SeaMaiden - also, I see on some of the Amazon reviews that they complain about insomnia and diarrhea taking this supplement.  Can you address that?  I have insomnia as it is and don't think this would work for me if that is the case.  Thanks.

@hoosieroriginal   Like anything, someone is going to say they have issues with a product.  We are all different.  I have NEVER had any side effects other than a better blood pressure reading.   You would just need to try it and see how you do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Did you go off your BP meds to give this a try?  This is what DH wants to do.  We walk close to two hours a day (divided) because of Willie and we enjoy it. 

@hoosieroriginal  The loose stool problem is most likely a result of the magnesium.  BUT that should also help with insommnia.  Obviously one of the herbs may be causing this.  Perhaps taking in the morning as @SeaMaiden stated that she does would address that.

One thing I noticed in the reviews was that many said that once their pressure was lowered, they were able to cut back the dose.  Also, many said that when they ran out and forgot to reorder (how does one do that???) , their pressure didn't immediately rise again.  I have to say that indicates it builds up in the system. (?)

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Did you go off your BP meds to give this a try?  This is what DH wants to do.  We walk close to two hours a day (divided) because of Willie and we enjoy it. 

@hoosieroriginal  The loose stool problem is most likely a result of the magnesium.  BUT that should also help with insommnia.  Obviously one of the herbs may be causing this.  Perhaps taking in the morning as @SeaMaiden stated that she does would address that.

One thing I noticed in the reviews was that many said that once their pressure was lowered, they were able to cut back the dose.  Also, many said that when they ran out and forgot to reorder (how does one do that???) , their pressure didn't immediately rise again.  I have to say that indicates it builds up in the system. (?)

Just a word of warning. If your husband is on beta blockers do not simply stop them. He could suffer dangerous arrhythmia or a heart attack. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

It's always a good idea when stopping prescription medications to go off them gradually, rather than cold turkey.  My husband weaned himself from his blood pressure meds many years ago and did it that way.  He didn't use this product, we do phytonutrient supplements.  But it was recommended to gradually reduce by the chiropractor.  My husband used both while changing over--gradually lowering the prescription while gradually increasing the supplement.  

And by the way, this was almost twenty years ago now, and his blood pressure is fine and he has never gone back to prescription medication.  It can be done.