Honored Contributor

Re: SAF SLIM Re-Body. Does it work?

This sounds like c*r*a*p to me. There's no magic way to drink something help lose 100 pounds.

Honored Contributor

Re: SAF SLIM Re-Body drink. Does it work?

@EatWell wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@EatWell I tried this product a few years ago and, no, it did not work at all.  I had absolutely no results from it.  I sent it back at the end of the 30 days for a refund.  HTH 😊

Best of luck to you on your continued weight loss journey.  😊

@BExplorer

Thank you.

How can QVC endorse and sell this product?

No artificial substance "weight loss" product really works - this one or any other. If it did, it would be front page news.

As for how can a theoretically reputable company sell it - they get their cut when people buy things; if they can sell 50,000 units they don't care what's up with the product, they care about their cut of 50,000 units sold. And as I understand it they can't lose, because when people return mdse, QVC doesn't lose a dime, the selling company does.

This stuff is just drinking a bottle of safflower oil. It coats your intestine so the fat just slips on through...fast. You might want to think about that, on the "go."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@EatWell Unfortunately there is no magic at this time.it is about changing your lifestyle to honor your body.You must love yourself enough to do what is best for your health and well being.Think of it as a new adventure that you will take and a challenge to yourself to take the time for you and what is best for your goals.Honor your milestones with new outfits,massages.hairstyles or anything you enjoy that isn't food.Buy fancy water bottles and drink lots if it.Get a fitness tracker to keep track of everything and challenge you.Enjoy different pleasures and luxuries...things that keep you moving and healthy.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@EatWell I tried this product a few years ago and, no, it did not work at all.  I had absolutely no results from it.  I sent it back at the end of the 30 days for a refund.  HTH 😊

Best of luck to you on your continued weight loss journey.  😊

@BExplorer

Thank you.

How can QVC endorse and sell this product?

No artificial substance "weight loss" product really works - this one or any other. If it did, it would be front page news.

As for how can a theoretically reputable company sell it - they get their cut when people buy things; if they can sell 50,000 units they don't care what's up with the product, they care about their cut of 50,000 units sold. And as I understand it they can't lose, because when people return mdse, QVC doesn't lose a dime, the selling company does.

This stuff is just drinking a bottle of safflower oil. It coats your intestine so the fat just slips on through...fast. You might want to think about that, on the "go."

Really? that is disgusting sounding!  I wondered what this stuff was before...Kerstin seems to really promote it like it works but I think it just sounds like a scam.  Drinking oil can't be good for anyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No it won't.  I don't know if that's the product I saw or a similar product on another shopping channel but my daughter and I both burst out laughing during the presentation.  So, the vendor said take this product and...eat a low fat diet and walk for 30 minutes a day and you'll lose the weight...lol   It was funny because if you eat lean proteins and lots of fruits and vegetables walk or workout, that's all it takes to lose weight.  You don't need some expensive snake oil.  Congrats on losing the 50lbs, I know how you feel but I disagree with your doctor.  50lbs is a huge accomplishment and when you lost that 50lbs, some great things happened to your body.  I'm sure your blood sugar and blood pressure came down.  You took a ton of pressure off your joints.  You worked hard to lose that 50 and even if you never lose another 50lbs, you accomplished a lot for your health.  You are regaining the weight because you probably went back to your old eating habits.  I won't go into my whole story but I have been losing and gaining and losing the same 70lbs for about 9 years.  But I finally "got it" when I started a wellness program that includes a meal replacement diet and classes.  I lost 55lbs and with that came many health benefits.  I'd like to lose another 25 but I accept that that might not happen.  I also accept that if I want to keep the weight off, I can NEVER eat like the average person again.  NEVER.  It's hard.  It isn't fair.  But obesity is a disease, we forget that.  Healthy food is my medicine and I take my medicine.   I do still drink the a protein shake a day and one of the program meals for lunch with vegetables because it's easy for me.  If you want to lose the weight you regained, you have to go back to doing what you did to lose that 50 and then eat lean proteins, fruits, vegetables.  I discovered that my body doesn't not metabolize simple carbs like white rice, flour, etc and I stay away from processed foods, even the "diet" ones.  Those things pack ont the pounds for me.  Even in moderation.  I just had a snack while I watch tv.  I had a bowl of grapes and some sliced chicken and big glass of iced tea.  Yes, I did drool over the cupcakes and Pringles that my daughter forgot to put away.  And I'll probably dream about them tonight but focused on the size 16 jeans that I bought and remembered that this time last year, I was wearing size 22 jeans.  A woman in my wellness group keeps herself grounded by mentally focusing on her blood pressure and blood sugar numbers which are in the normal range for the first time in 20 years.  You always have to focus on your accomplishments and not avoid beating yourself up when you have a set back.  Because, you will always have setbacks.  That's the nature of weight loss.   I should say that I also accepted that I will never be thin, I was not meant to be thin.  I would rather be a fit, firm healthy size 14/16 who is at peace with her body than a constant yo-yo dieter who constantly gains and loses the same 50lbs over and over and over again.  If my doctor dared tell me I have to lose another 30 or 40 pounds...I'd fire her! 

Respected Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

Thank you for the advice.  I won't go to the gym because of my body image.

Have you considered a personal trainer at your home?  I was thinking this might be a solution until you feel more comfortable about going to a gym.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

Have you considered a personal trainer at your home?  I was thinking this might be a solution until you feel more comfortable about going to a gym.

There is a chain of gyms in IL, Houston and Canada (and there used to be another chain in CA) that is for overweight people only, so people have no need to feel self-conscious. But these places end up going out of business like most gyms that are for all sizes. Hard to keep a gym going.

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Montana wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

There is a chain of gyms in IL, Houston and Canada (and there used to be another chain in CA) that is for overweight people only, so people have no need to feel self-conscious. But these places end up going out of business like most gyms that are for all sizes. Hard to keep a gym going.

@Moonchilde

Was it Curves?

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Montana wrote:

@EatWell wrote:

@Moonchilde

Was it Curves?

No, definitely not Curves. It was a regular, full-featured, full-sized fitness gym. It was quite a few years ago. As far as I recall, the name didn't immediately give away the demographic, but I don't remember what it was. There were about half a dozen of them I think. 

Any and all gyms have a tough way to go, IMO. I think one is either a "gym person" or not, regardless of weight or physical appearance. And truth be told, not enough people are "gym people" to keep that many fitness centers open.

There is (by all accounts) a super fitness facility in a nearby town to me. It's owned/run by a hospital and has many PTs  on staff, so very attuned to those who are starting at square one. BUT (ain't there always a but...) it has a $200 join-up fee and costs $100/mo. It also has a rep for shoddy business practices as far as fees and membership, and hard sell. Sooooo...no thanks. If it was half that and without the sleaze, I'd likely give it a try.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EatWell

"I won't go to the gym because of my body image".  How do you, or will you get the exercise that is a necessary component of losing and maintaining weight loss, and control? I understand body image as I was "The Fat Kid" in high school, and a teacher pointed that out to my English High School Class, when I was 14 years old. I can tell my story about that at some other time, if you are interested. Give me a "shoutout here", "hey hckynut".

Ask your doctor about the protein drinks many Bariatric Surgeons give their patients to consume for a week to 10 days right before their Bypass Surgery. My wife had hers in 2008. This by no means is an answer to losing 100lbs, but it might be a better way than the stuff you mention. 

For the biggest majority of human beings there is no secret way to lose weight(fat, not fluid or muscle). The best method for decades has been to eat only foods that are good for the body/in moderate portion sizes, and to find some sort of aerobic and resistance exercises you like, or at least, do not hate doing.

A person can be physically fit and still be overweight. I am not talking about 100lbs overweight however. I used to train outside for 10k runs with a friend of mine that was my height, but weighed 50lbs more than me. We usually ran 5-7 miles on these training runs. He was physically fit, but at least 30lbs overweight. We trained together, but his time for running a 10k race, was several minutes longer than my times.

In the last 6+ months, I went from being so weak I had to realistically pull myself up our basement stairs, I was that weak from cellulitis infection and in the hospital for 6+ days.

Got on treadmill with speed at 1.5mph and started at 2 minutes. Worked regularly and increased time on treadmill slowly, and then increased speed to 1.7mph. Same method on my recumbent bike. I now walk anywhere from 3.0mph to 4.4mph, depending on my program and elevation of the treadmill. Most of my workouts are about an hour.

I have been an athlete almost all of my adult life, which does make it easier than for someone that is not, but!!!  It still requires the same elements to success, dedication/hard work, and most of all, the desire to change ones life, permanently.

I wish you well, but don't kid yourself into thinking there are short cuts. If there are, in 60+ years I have not found one to replace what I wrote above.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)