Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia   ThankYou-smiley.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for responding @Sweetbay magnolia I know the move 100s they are great. I also keep my knees bent. ❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia I've always heard abdominal muscles can handle and benefit from being exercised every day. So this makes great sense. It's a small thing anyone can start doing.

@chessylady I can add my two cents about fat rolls. I have a little peri-menopausal stomach pooch I really dislike. It's smaller than it was before I started my regular exercise routine. But even though I exercise my abs every day, the pooch is still there over the muscles. My overall shape under the pooch is much nicer and more shapely, though. When I stand up straight and hold in my stomach I look better than before.

So you can't really get rid of fat that quickly, but you can give it a nicer framework to cling to. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia ...now, lets work on those flabby arms, well mine, not necessarily yours.

Honored Contributor

You should add in some back exercises.  The abs support the back and the back muscles support the stomach.

For me, another important exercise is balance.  So, many people as they get older start having trouble with their balance.  Falls are a big problem for the elderly. If you notice, as people get older their feet get wider apart as they walk and that is because if balance issues.   I have more trouble now at 62 with inner ear issues which cause balance issues, so I always do balance exercises.  

Respected Contributor

I hear you!  I am 62 and exercise a lot - at least 40 minutes of exercise 5-6 days a week.  Treadmill, spin bike and weights.  I also do 100 situps and 2 minutes of planks a day, seven days a week.  It has really helped my core and my back.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

More important than your "looking good" is that it's important for the health of your back.

People in their 80s and 90s can improve their fitness and therefore health by doing even simple movements.  I contract my abs while I'm sitting and watching tv.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.