Esteemed Contributor

How do I boil this down.  Let me think.  I used to teach group exercise, was very fit.  Think I still am, but now older and the joints can't handle as much stress (I also don't teach group exercise any longer).

About two years ago I started on a strict, every day, 4 min abdominal routine at bedtime.  I'll be!  It has paid off.  That little bit of effort spread across a long span of time, and my waistline has improved and I look better in clothing.

Moral of the story is, it takes time, but it is possible to see improvement gradually.  Now I'm encouraged, so maybe I'll try to add minutes to the routine.  Consistency is key.

Good luck to everybody trying to achieve a fitness goal.  I am pleased as punch because I thought with the end of my fitness "career", that I'd lose all that I had worked for, for a very long time.  No.  The resiliency has changed, but muscle memory stays strong.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  "4 min abdominal routine at bedtime."

Do Tell.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations @Sweetbay magnoliaThe Poundemic hit my waistline hard. I could use the routine can you share? 

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on your inspiring milestone!!! After several years of diligence; however slight; you DESERVE it!😊👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Well, @Mz iMac , it does involve a solo activity.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@godi , This was the first i've heard "poundemic" (Where have I been?).

I just mix it up with contractions and modified sit ups.  I try to do obliques, too (side abs) simply by turning on an angle.  Mix in some "hundreds" - it's a Pilates technique and I encourage you to look it up because it is effective.  Though I do change it in that I don't raise my feet up, in fact, I keep the knees bent all the time to reduce lower back stress.  It's the time spent and the consistency more than the actual exercise, though, and you really need to focus on the mid regions.

That's why I started this.  To keep my back healthy.  Now it has helped my posture (low back strength) and I feel like I walk taller and have a better profile.  Just improvise but try to get those abs engaged and exercised!

I feel like Jack Lalanne suddenly.  

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia   Anyone else's mind go elsewhere????  LOL

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Well, @Mz iMac , it does involve a solo activity.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

I have some rolls between my boobs and my waist. Do the abdominal exercises reduce those? I am trying to lose my pandemic 5 but it is so hard.

Esteemed Contributor

You know, @chessylady , even the thinnest of folk will have a little fold over.  If we didn't, we'd be like the person that has a bad face lift and there's no elasticity.

I think the key is to increase the strength of the underlying muscle so you can control the movement of the flesh that it supports.  And when you are erect (oh geeze) the guts and stuff don't spill over like they might.

In any event, a good Denim and Co blouse covers it all!  (I really do love D&Co and wear them just about daily).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

From your title, I figured you were having a tummy tuck. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment