Honored Contributor

Re: Rotator Cuff Surgery--Can anyone give me tips?

Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

A little more info on the Florida opioid law. Chronic pain sufferers can still get medication but it requires more work and documentation by the provider. Acute is limited to 3-7 days. This article gives a decent summary.
http://www.theledger.com/news/20180702/how-floridas-new-opioid-prescription-law-affects-you

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

A little more info on the Florida opioid law. Chronic pain sufferers can still get medication but it requires more work and documentation by the provider. Acute is limited to 3-7 days. This article gives a decent summary.
http://www.theledger.com/news/20180702/how-floridas-new-opioid-prescription-law-affects-you

@bikerbabe

Thanks so much with providing Jan with the information and link!!!

Esteemed Contributor

So happy to hear that Jan is doing so well and not needing the extra pain meds.  

Prayer is powerful and she had lots of prayers being offered!

Hope everything continues as it is going!  You'll be "good as new" in no time at all.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Doctor can write a 2nd scrip, just for 3-7 days per scrip!  You shouldn't need to suffer.

"The most publicized part of the law is the limiting of opioid prescriptions to three days, seven days if a physician documents that it is medically necessary, for people with intense pain from surgery, a traumatic injury or an acute illness. Patients with such acute pain will have to be reassessed by a physician to get a refill at the end of a three-day or seven-day prescription.

Patients with chronic, long-term, debilitating pain, including those with cancer pain and those needing palliative and end-of-life care, are not limited to the three-day or seven-day prescriptions."  quote  Lakeland Ledger

Hope you have a great day!  

Valued Contributor

what did qvc remove?

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

thanks @Zhills  this board is too censored for me....goodbye for awhile.

Respected Contributor

A bit off topic, but had to share some good news with regard to my reverse shoulder replacement back in Nov. of '17.

They took some xrays yesterday at my checkup and the ortho surgeon was happy with what he saw.  

When he came into the room, he said "hi, how are you doing?" and I said, "well, I have a surprise for you and walked over to him and put both of my arms on top of his shoulders (he's very tall).  He laughed and said, "well, you're doing much better and you look much better than I have ever seen you".  Made my day.

I don't have to see him again until next July unless I have any problems with it and have been given permission to get back to the gym, but being careful in what types of exercises I do.  

It was news that made my day and made me smile.  I still have a ways to go but I'm going to eventually get there.

Valued Contributor

I'm still recovering...this has been VERY difficult.  I'm 6 weeks out and in P/T 3 times a week.  Very painful!!  I'm getting depressed.  I can drive but haven't yet.  Boy is this hard at almost 73. Don't know how quick I will jump into having the other shoulder done.  SFnative has been invaluable to me with information.

Thank you to all of you who gave me so much information and support before hand!!  It is really appreciated and helped me so much!!!