Honored Contributor

Get this - I am so old, I used to come home from work and work out everyday to his RECORD! 

I would wear either a suit or dress to work. So I would take off my dress and work out in my slip or underwear. The record player was in our formal living room. One day I am working out and a man walked up to the front door and I left the front door open. To get to my clothes I would have to walk past the front door. And there was nothing in the formal living room in the way of a covering. So I stood in my underwear trying to figure out what to do.

And then the man walked away. It was the UPS driver dropping off a package. 

I never exercised again without my robe nearby.

Trusted Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I just thought about him recently.  I always had a soft spot for him and wish him very well!  I agree, good thread, thanks....Woman Happy 

I do, too.

I'll think about him, and wonder how he's doing. Heart

I absolutely think the world of him, as he has helped so many people over the years...

I have several of his music/exercise DVDs and Videos, and I also have a walking cassette of his that you can play in a cassette player while you're walking and listen to a narration to keep you motivated. It's really sweet!

I also have one of his diet kits. It's like a "Deal-A-Meal" kit. It's really nice, too. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I always liked him a lot. Even thou sometimes he was a little over the top, I think he genuinely cared about everyone and was very sincere.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Get this - I am so old, I used to come home from work and work out everyday to his RECORD! 

I would wear either a suit or dress to work. So I would take off my dress and work out in my slip or underwear. The record player was in our formal living room. One day I am working out and a man walked up to the front door and I left the front door open. To get to my clothes I would have to walk past the front door. And there was nothing in the formal living room in the way of a covering. So I stood in my underwear trying to figure out what to do.

And then the man walked away. It was the UPS driver dropping off a package. 

I never exercised again without my robe nearby.

@drizzellla ...Thanks for my laugh of the day.  I could picture it in my mind and that made me laugh even more.  Smiley Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Hey thanks for starting this thread!  I was doing my old Sweatin' to the Oldies until our gym opened back up.  I looked all over the net for information on him and somewhere it said he would make an appearance to get people to exercise during the pandemic.

We used to write letters to each other and I saw him in person.  I miss him so much!Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

@kutira, that's niceHe was always warm and approachable. I didn't know he was still making appearances.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for this thread and reminding me about his workouts!  When I was younger and did challenging workouts, these 'easy' ones made me laugh...  But as I've aged, and been injured, I realize how great, motivating and safe these are!  I'm going to do it today!   Just move more, and do it safely-   I do a workout everyday. If you don't move and stay strong, you lose muscle mass constantly-  Stary strong and healthy !  💝👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Super Contributor

Hope you didn't scare the UPS person. 

Valued Contributor

@dimin wrote:

Hope you didn't scare the UPS person. 

I'm sure she made his day!!!!!! Woman Wink