Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

That is painfull.I get that all the time. Just happened a day or 2 ago and I am still feeling the pain (which is unusual)

I also get leg and foot cramps nightly  Smiley Sad

Wishing you a speedy recovery

I too get leg cramps often ..... the other night I had one so bad that I cried from the pain ... I find that when I drink enough fluids during the day they don't happen .... I also get the muscle cramp in my rib cage when I turn a certain way ... that hurts as well...... seems like this happens to many people.

Try standing on the leg immediately.  That works for me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Re: Rib cage muscle spam

[ Edited ]

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I am recovering from an upper respiratory infection and of course still coughing a lot.

Earlier today I felt the pang of a pulled muscle in my lower rib cage I went to roll over and got the muscle spasm of my LIFE!

I could barely breathe, I had searing pain on the left side of my rib cage. I tried to stay calm and relax.  It only lasted about a minute but it seemed like forever!!! Then it was gone.

I will have to remember to not lift or bear weigh on this side until I heal. I have a fear of that pain!

Any tips would be appreciated.

I would personally try using a heating pad and see if that helps the area feel better. I would try and buffer it with a towel first rather than putting it right up against you.

I would also try the pad on its lowest possible setting. I use mine in that area too, and to me, you (anyone) just want some warmth and comfort there. Cat Happy

I hope that you feel better soon!

Respected Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

I am recovering from an upper respiratory infection and of course still coughing a lot.

Earlier today I felt the pang of a pulled muscle in my lower rib cage I went to roll over and got the muscle spasm of my LIFE!

I could barely breathe, I had searing pain on the left side of my rib cage. I tried to stay calm and relax.  It only lasted about a minute but it seemed like forever!!! Then it was gone.

I will have to remember to not lift or bear weigh on this side until I heal. I have a fear of that pain!

Any tips would be appreciated.

I would personally try using a heating pad and see if that helps the area feel better. I would try and buffer it with a towel first rather than putting it right up against you.

I would also try the pad on its lowest possible setting. I use mine in that area too, and to me, you (anyone) just want some warmth and comfort there. Cat Happy

I hope that you feel better soon!

Chiropractic adjustment....