Respected Contributor

Review of Bodyblade v. Walmart's "Reactor"

Someone had questions a few days ago about the Bodyblade and one of the responders mentioned the "Reactor" from Walmart (Bodyblade 79.99 - Reactor with shipping $30.00). I ordered the Reactor right away and got it yesterday. I'm very happy with it. When I first got it, it was a little stiff - so you have to work it awhile to get it loosened up. There is also a little getting used to working with the rhythm of the blade until you get in sync with it. I can look at the Bodyblade video online for examples of exercise. I think the $40 savings is worth a try. I've never used Bodyblade, but can't imagine it could be much different than the Reactor. And, a plus is that it only took 2 days to receive it, even using the cheapest form of shipping.

Respected Contributor

Re: Review of Bodyblade v. Walmart's ""Reactor""

I forgot to mention, there is a nice padding in the center of the blade, very comfortable to hold. I am determined to have nice shoulders and arms for the summer. I have very weak shoulders and I hear it helps strengthen that area also. You also have to use your core which will help trim your waist. I do three miles a day on my elliptical, but it wasn't helping my arms.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting! After reading the previous thread and seeing your review, I've decided to go and order this one. Now if I can just motivate to do it!

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 vaccinia said:

Thanks for posting! After reading the previous thread and seeing your review, I've decided to go and order this one. Now if I can just motivate to do it!

I don't think I'll tire of this, I can use it while I watch TV in the evening.

Super Contributor

Thank you for posting. I had ordered the Bodyblade here but after 5 days and still not shipped I cancelled. Guess they didn't want the sale. So I have just ordered the Reactor from Walmart. I appreciate you taking the time to do the review!
Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 diamondsforme said: Thank you for posting. I had ordered the Bodyblade here but after 5 days and still not shipped I cancelled. Guess they didn't want the sale. So I have just ordered the Reactor from Walmart. I appreciate you taking the time to do the review!

You're welcome! It's nice to receive something quickly - it was shipped FedEx choosing the least expensive shipping available! I order a lot from Walmart because they get you your items quickly.

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Hoosieroriginal said:
On 4/9/2015 diamondsforme said: Thank you for posting. I had ordered the Bodyblade here but after 5 days and still not shipped I cancelled. Guess they didn't want the sale. So I have just ordered the Reactor from Walmart. I appreciate you taking the time to do the review!

You're welcome! It's nice to receive something quickly - it was shipped FedEx choosing the least expensive shipping available! I order a lot from Walmart because they get you your items quickly.

There is also something called the ""Total Bar"" on Amazon which someone mentioned - for $30 - but to me it looks too long to handle. You might check that out also.

Honored Contributor

I have had the Bodyblade for many years now, along with the " smaller pair", which I believe are called cardio blades. There was no " breakin period" on the none of thesr 3 blades. I have no idea what you(the OP) even mean when you say," it took awhile to get loosened up".

My Bodyblade today is the same as the 1st time I used it, as are the smaller yellow pair. It does take some longer than others to get the rhymn that works the best for them. My wife gave up several times before she became a fan of this piece of equipment. I have never seen nor used the Walmart, or any of the other knockoff versions of the Bodyblade, and have no reason to do so, unless someone I knows tells me they have one and want me to try it.

I can only say what the Bodyblade does and how to increase or decrease the amount of effort it takes to use it. No "breakin or loosening up period" for the ones I have owned and and used for many years.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Hoosieroriginal said:

Someone had questions a few days ago about the Bodyblade and one of the responders mentioned the "Reactor" from Walmart (Bodyblade 79.99 - Reactor with shipping $30.00). I ordered the Reactor right away and got it yesterday. I'm very happy with it. When I first got it, it was a little stiff - so you have to work it awhile to get it loosened up. There is also a little getting used to working with the rhythm of the blade until you get in sync with it. I can look at the Bodyblade video online for examples of exercise. I think the $40 savings is worth a try. I've never used Bodyblade, but can't imagine it could be much different than the Reactor. And, a plus is that it only took 2 days to receive it, even using the cheapest form of shipping.

I've been thinking about getting that item since I read the thread on here ..... were you sore after using it the first time? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I've been thinking about getting that item since I read the thread on here ..... were you sore after using it the first time? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

One the biggest pluses for this piece of equipment is that you "drive" it based on your strength at the time of use so you can't overdue and produce the soreness so often experienced with free weights or machines. As your strength increases the resistance of the blade increases. It was originally used as a rehab device (and still is), and the inventor is a Physical Therapist. HTH's

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?