Honored Contributor

Re: Return of hot flashes --- oh, sheesh

@Moonchilde

Oh, boy - I didn't realize that.  I guess I am not as well versed on the subject as I thought.  I thought once you were done with them, you were done.  Unfortunately - no such luck.  Aren't we special?  Smiley LOL

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@onlyshopsonline

I am glad that you are getting yours under control for the most part!  I guess some women are just lucky who haven't had to suffer through this!!!  

Honored Contributor

For all your Hot Flash Camping needs! Smiley Tongue

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Moonchilde

Oh, boy - I didn't realize that.  I guess I am not as well versed on the subject as I thought.  I thought once you were done with them, you were done.  Unfortunately - no such luck.  Aren't we special?  Smiley LOL

Oy 😖 

I will say, based on personal experience, that it's never as bad, as the years progress, as actually going through menopause. It's less often and shorter duration, i.e. 5-7 minutes instead of 20 minutes.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

HA!  I need me one of them!!!!  

Honored Contributor

When I get a hot flash, it's really just my face getting hot.  It feels like it's turning red, but it's not.  I've looked a thousand times.

I've never had a night sweat and I'm so thankful. If I get warm under the covers, I kick my foot out from under the blanket.  That for some crazy reason takes care of it.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm

You are lucky as far as that goes. When I feel myself getting hot, my face, neck and chest get very red.  It is not only uncomfortable, but embarrassing.  People are saying -- are you o.k?  Well, no, not really!  I do the thing with hanging the foot out of bed and it does sometimes help a little.  LOL