Honored Contributor

Results from my Previous Post - Extreme Knee Pain

Went to drs. monday for consultation.  Gee I feel like a pin cushion after this week! Had my pneumonia and flu shot at my primary physican today too!

I had a complete blood work done: Results my RA Factor is up and of course, the fibromylgia/RA and of course, I have osteoarthritis is in flare up.  

I then had xrays done of both knees - shows arthritis in both knees.

Today I returned and she gave me shots in both knees and hip (for brucitis).  Hopefully this is the answer.  She also gave me another Rx for Voltaren gel (which is my savior) and Meloxacan, Lyrica (which I have good results).

She's thinking while I was on vacation I did stay at a friends house with steps (14 to be exact) to my room and steps to the family room.  Plus, chasing and playing with a 4 year old (we know how that is -- I need to go into olympic training to keep up with her!!), and humidity/change could have something to do with my symptoms.

I've had this flare up before.

That said I'm going to enjoy hopefully some pain free days and tomorrow it's back to water to do my daily walking vs. walking on pavement.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and concerns!  Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and enjoy whatever you do!

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Re: Results from my Previous Post - Extreme Knee Pain

Since being diagnosed with Ra 5 years ago, I have experienced many illnesses because my Ra medicine suppresses my immune system.  also, since Ra is systemic it can cause all kinds of problems or speed up existing ones.  I will be having hip replacement surgery shortly but I can relate.  Once you have Ra your life changes and you have to go with the flow like it or not.  My best to you.  Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Results from my Previous Post - Extreme Knee Pain

@Katcat1

Good luck with your pending hip surgery.  I certainly sympathize what your health issues are as I was diagnosed with RA & fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis at age 41.

Yes, the meds do suppress the immune system as a matter of fact I was given the high-dose pnuemonia shot today (although under age requirement) as I have bouts of bronchitis everytime I get a cold!  And my immune system is certainly comprimised.

My prayers are with you for a successful surgery and sunny healthy days ahead!