Honored Contributor

Re: Restoring gut health after a stomach bug

@gellen wrote:
Never took probiotics. Maybe it is time to start. I will check with my Dr on Wed.

@gellen 

Well, at least researching it a little will give you some new insights.  Plus, the people on here are very well-informed on medical subjects, so someone will know the answers to your questions.

Respected Contributor

@gellen wrote:
Is it normal for your gut to be off for awhile after having a bug? Without getting too detailed I am having trouble getting back on a normal bathroom schedule following an illness. I have a Dr appt soon so hopefully she will have some good suggestions 😬

Yogurt

Honored Contributor

Stoneyfield Organic Yogurt is an excellent source of six bacteria cultures and can help restore gut health. I like the Vanilla Whole Milk. There are no added chemical thickeners in it. The probiotic bacteria are 

Live Active Cultures

S. thermophilus, L. bulgaricus, Bifidobacterium BB-12®, L. acidophilus, L. paracasei and L. rhamnosus.
Honored Contributor

I had a stomach flu a couple of months ago, it lasted 48 hours.  My little niece had it too.  It was wicked.  Both ends of it.  While that was over on 48 hrs, I had no appetite and only drank tea, ginger ale and chicken broth for another two days.  So, my gastrointestinal tract did not return to normal until a day or two after I started eating solid food. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gellen wrote:
Never took probiotics. Maybe it is time to start. I will check with my Dr on Wed.

@gellen 

If you have time, post the info from your doctor, you might want to share. This had been 1 of my ice skating days, but since my mishap about a month ago, I seen to spend more time sitting, which equals more posting.

Hope you got the answers you need from your doctor.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)