Valued Contributor

Not at all my legs, just my feet.  Some nights I can't sleep because of this.  Does this ever happen to you?

Trusted Contributor

@pprmntstx I am so sorry you are going through this as not fun at all.  I've been fighting this for probably the last 10 years which really affects my sleep.  For me when my iron is really low is when I really suffer so I have iron infusions about every 90 days.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Is it a variation of RLS, Restless Leg Syndome?  I've seen the commercials.

Respected Contributor

Check with your doctor. I think there are meds that can help with that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Restless feet

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry it must be miserable. I only feel it in my legs and my word it is miserable. I sometimes have to go to bed just to get relief. Just knock me out. Doctors have told me unless it's a constant thing there is no point in taking meds for it. I've been Type 1 Diabtetic for 23 years but oddly enough I had this happen even in my teens long before I was a diabetic. 
My husband ordered him some compression socks because he flies a lot with his job. I tried a pair and they helped some so he got me some. They do help a little. 

Valued Contributor

Ive fought this for years  When your iron level is low it comes on  It took me years to know this  Also   Restless Leg at the cvs type store reaaly helps   You pay much more at cVS etc than you do at Amazon but try it first  If it works buy a few on Amazon

Valued Contributor

@mollymaggie @Lali1 @catter70 @ValuSkr @colleena 

Thank you all for your posts.  I'll try your suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Mostly my legs. It drives me crazy. I use Andrew Lessman Circulation Vein Support. It really works. I know this because recently I have not been taking them since they were moved from it's normal place where I keep my supplements. LOL!!!

I started having leg pain plus the RLS. I wondered why are my legs bothering me so much when it dawned on me I must not be taking those pills. Sure enough I had not been taking them so I took 2. My legs were already feeling better the next day. Not going without them now. My legs are not swollen with fluid like they were either.

Honored Contributor

I had Restless Leg Syndrome and had it for many years before I finally figured out what it was.  It would wake me up at night, and I'd have to walk around.  When I figured it out I finally told my doctor, who prescribed Requip.  It's a miracle drug.  I've been taking it for a couple of years now and haven't had a problem since.

I don't know if it would work for your feet, but I'd definitely discuss your problem with your doctor.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@NickNack @Nightowlz Thank you so much for your suggestions!