Honored Contributor

I've had Restless Leg Syndrome for several years but didn't know what it was.  I thought you had to kick your legs for it to be RLS.  After having to get up every night and walk around for relief and then still having the symptoms when I got back in bed, I finally Googled my symptoms (tingling and crawling feeling behind my knees).  I got many different articles about RLS.

I saw my doctor about it this morning, and she prescribed Requip.  She knew a lot about it, and I have high hopes that this will help.  She started me out on a very low dose, and told me to keep increasing the dose every few days until I reached the dose that would help (up to 6-8 mg.).

Does anyone else have RLS?  Have you found relief for it?  The doctor told me there really wasn't a natural remedy that had been found to help.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack I've had restless legs for years & find that it is worse when my iron is really low - good luck on the requip.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack   I have used NatraBio leg cramps for several years.  It is a natural homeopathic medicine.  I realize that what you are describing isn't leg cramps, but a crawling feeling.  That is what I have and this works for me.  If I wake up during the night with a recurrance, I just take another one.  You can't take too much.  

I hope you find relief.  It is a terrible feeling and it can break up your rest at night.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

I take Andrew Lessan Circulation and Vein Support. No more restless legs!

Respected Contributor

I take magnesium before I go to bed

Honored Contributor

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I've had Restless Leg Syndrome for several years but didn't know what it was.  I thought you had to kick your legs for it to be RLS.  After having to get up every night and walk around for relief and then still having the symptoms when I got back in bed, I finally Googled my symptoms (tingling and crawling feeling behind my knees).  I got many different articles about RLS.

I saw my doctor about it this morning, and she prescribed Requip.  She knew a lot about it, and I have high hopes that this will help.  She started me out on a very low dose, and told me to keep increasing the dose every few days until I reached the dose that would help (up to 6-8 mg.).

Does anyone else have RLS?  Have you found relief for it?  The doctor told me there really wasn't a natural remedy that had been found to help.

This is one of the meds that is known to increase urges such as gambling and the big S. I’m just letting you know in case you see any new impulsive behaviors in yourself. This med should also be tapered to go off it. Avoid abrupt cessation and see your doctor before stopping. There can be withdrawal symptoms with this med. With this med it can take awhile before you reach an effective dose and it starts to work. Remember that pharmacists are great to speak with about medication questions. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

This is one of the meds that is known to increase urges such as gambling and the big S. I’m just letting you know in case you see any new impulsive behaviors in yourself. This med should also be tapered to go off it. Avoid abrupt cessation and see your doctor before stopping. With this med it can take awhile before you reach an effective dose and it starts to work.

Thank you for telling me this @Mindy D .  I'll watch for symptoms.  My doctor told me it was generally well tolerated.  She did say to take it at night, that it made you sleepy.  I'll be careful and call her if I'm having side effects.  I hadn't read those two, but just now looked it up again and see that it does say that.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I've had restless leg syndrome for years snd "knock on wood" it seems to have gone away. Once in a great while it comes back. What really used to help me was MagniLife pills and they seem to be discontinued. They were homeopathic and I guess someone might have determined that they were't. The cream did nothing for me. These were advertised in the Sunday Parade section. I tried Hyland's  Restful Legs from Amazon and they did not work for me. Good luck - I hope it goes away for you also. Now it's the dry mouth that wakes me.

Respected Contributor

I have had restless legs for years. I use Blue cream and take a Tylenol 8 hour pill. It works for me most of the time.

Honored Contributor

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome

[ Edited ]

@Luvtuna wrote:

I've had restless leg syndrome for years snd "knock on wood" it seems to have gone away. Once in a great while it comes back. What really used to help me was MagniLife pills and they seem to be discontinued. They were homeopathic and I guess someone might have determined that they were't. The cream did nothing for me. These were advertised in the Sunday Parade section. I tried Hyland's  Restful Legs from Amazon and they did not work for me. Good luck - I hope it goes away for you also. Now it's the dry mouth that wakes me.

@Luvtuna   I tried Hyland's Restless Legs, too, and it didn't help.  I'm glad yours went away,

-Henry David Thoreau