Respected Contributor

Re: Requesting Prayers And Thoughts For DH

You both are so fortunate to have each other.   Everyone needs a patient advocate and you are his.  May God bless you both.

Honored Contributor

DH had his appointment with the Oncologist yesterday.  I don't understand it fully but he will have some other test in a week or two.  After that they will put in "markers" and wait to start the radiation in about 6 weeks.  He will probably get more hormone shots....although his oncologist isn't happy with the way his first shots have affected him....that seems to be a concern for one doctor but not the other???  I am a bit confused on that one. Also they have decided on 35 treatments instead of 30.

I showed DH your posts last night and big tears ran down his cheeks.  I told him there were a bunch of great caring people here!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant  Very hard times for you at the moment - stay strong prayers and healing thoughts going to you and DH.  Take care of yourself too Gid bless.

Occasional Contributor

My husband is an 8 yr prostate cancer survior. He opted to have Brachytherapy at the time. There is a website Healingwell.com. Click on Forums and Chat. I learned so much from that site prior to his procedure.  There are many topics discussed that might help you and your husband to understand things a little better. I wish your husband well.      

Honored Contributor

@1barc wrote:

My husband is an 8 yr prostate cancer survior. He opted to have Brachytherapy at the time. There is a website Healingwell.com. Click on Forums and Chat. I learned so much from that site prior to his procedure.  There are many topics discussed that might help you and your husband to understand things a little better. I wish your husband well.      

**************  Thank you for this information. I have been all over looking for information and I am not really satisfied with what I have found.  I will definitely look this up.  I'm so happy your husband is a survivor.  I wish him continued good health.  

Respected Contributor

@jubilant Praying for both you and your husband for a speedy recovery.  Continue to reach out for support and keep us updated; there are many here who will keep him in our prayers and thoughts.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

Healing prayer's sent, remember, you are never alone...keep the faith..

Honored Contributor

@jubilant. Prayers going out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(((@jubilant and Mr. Jubilant))),  My heart goes out to you.   I just saw this thread this morning.    You might find helpful information and support on the website "PatientsLikeMe."   I'll add a couple of links in case you want to take a look.    You're always so generous with your love and encouragement for all of us, and I want you to know I appreciate you, Jubilant.    You, your beloved husband, and his medical team are all in my prayers.❤️

("About PatientsLikeMe" --  https://www.patientslikeme.com/about and "Prostate Cancer symptoms, treatments & patient forums" -- https://www.patientslikeme.com/conditions/68-prostate-cancer)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant Please know that you and your husband will remain in my prayers, may you both also find comfort and peace during this time in your lives, there is unity in numbers and we are all here for you two!