Respected Contributor

Re: Remember the bush that broke my wrist?

Seriously, next time get that product that kills the roots before you wack it.  The bush will die over the winter and be a shriveled up lightweight by the next spring.  Then you can get rid of it more easily.  A slow, miserable death.

Regular Contributor

I think that stub would be more of a hazzard to me than bush that I could actually see...

Regular Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Sad.  The bush was just being a bush.

Just standing there minding it's own business...

Respected Contributor

Bad bush, bad bush!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Natasha218 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Sad.  The bush was just being a bush.

Just standing there minding it's own business...

I submit to the court of public opinion for all those defending the bush, that said bush was cut down numerous times over the years effectively reinforcing the maximum height that would be acceptable under HOA law.  

Said bush chose to grow and habitually ignore the stated height allowed by HOA law.

Said bush then commited an act of grievous aggression and further commited an act of great bodily harm on its caretaker no less by tripping her on its roots.

Therefore, the required penalty is death.  

If you would like to send your condolences to the bush family, water your landscape today and take a moment of silence or prayer in memory.

All others, the party drinks are on me!  We will also be cooking hot dogs and smores over the kindling that now exists from its demise and saluting the buzz saw as our guest of honor with toasts throughout the week.  Smiley LOL     

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

This is how Italians deal with bushes that injure family members.  Took out his surrounding bush friends too.  Scorched earth!  Smiley LOL

Bush.jpg 

@Laura14  At our previous home, I planted a nectarine tree, the most delicious I eve tasted.  It grew to over twenty feet.  One evening we were entertaining, abd at the dinner table.  One of our dogs was barking so DH went to investigate, the only light was a patio light, and instead of walking around the area, he walked past the tree and fell into the pool spraining his ankle badly.  

Within a short time, the tree was chopped down.  It shouldn't have been planted so close to the pool, but I was young and didn't realize this.  DH's ankle healed, but I have never tasted a nectarine since as good as from that tree.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

This is how Italians deal with bushes that injure family members.  Took out his surrounding bush friends too.  Scorched earth!  Smiley LOL

Bush.jpg 

@Laura14  Now, don't trip over the stump, something I would do, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  OMG, I am so sorry about your husband but that made me laugh.  I have a few nectarines in my fridge.  Now I am going to think of him when I take a bite.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@mousiegirl  OMG, I am so sorry about your husband but that made me laugh.  I have a few nectarines in my fridge.  Now I am going to think of him when I take a bite.  Smiley Very Happy

@Laura14  I was laughing when it happened, still am, lol, not that he was hurt, but it was like a tv sitcom with all of the guests around the table, dog barking like crazy,then one jumping up to attend to DH, and when I cut into my fancy desert, it began to run onto the table, I overcooked the steaks so DH, before the accident, had to run to the store to buy more,  and DH told me when he went out to see what the big dog was barking about, before he fell, he saw that the other dog was in the neighbor's yard playing with his little dog, lol, so one of the guests and I had to walk two blocks in the dark, getting the neighbor out of bed, and go into his yard to retrieve my dog.

The neighbor said it was fine as his dog was having fun, poor dog, had no other dog to ever play with, always felt sorry for him.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14  I was laughing when it happened, still am, lol, not that he was hurt, but it was like a tv sitcom with all of the guests around the table, dog barking like crazy,then one jumping up to attend to him, and when I cut into my fancy desert, it began to run onto the table, I overcooked the steaks so DH, before the accident, had to run to the store to buy more,  and DH told me when he went out to see what the big dog was barking about, before he fell, he saw that the other dog was in the neighbor's yard playing with his little dog, lol, so one of the guests I had to walk two blocks in the dark, getting the neighbor out of bed, and go into his yard to retrieve my dog.

The neighbor said it was fine as his dog was having fun, poor dog, had no other dog to ever play with, always felt sorry for him.

@mousiegirl  That's one of those days you get back into bed and get out the other side to try again!  Smiley Very Happy