Super Contributor

Remember my D-Day post a while back?

Hi everyone-I just wanted to bring you all up to date. I was told that they found a cancerous nodule on my right lung after I had a cat scan.

I had surgery to remove the nodule and they took 1/3 of my right lung out. They kept me in intensive care (this is their normal protocall) I guess. Recovering from surgery Nov. 18th-spent a week in hospital.

Recovering has been good except I caught a cough that is going around and that is the only thing that made it uncomfortable with the incontinence every time. It has slowed down now and I have it under control.

I had an appointment with an oncologist last week. I guess all prayers are being answered so far. I don't have to have chemo or radiation. They want to check me out in 3 months with another cat scan. I just wanted to let everyone know so far all is well.

Merry Christmas!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember my D-Day post a while back?

Thanks for letting us know. I'm so happy that the news is not all bad.

Merry Christmas!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

That is wonderful news. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year!

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

May you have a very healthy 2015! Great news!

Honored Contributor

Am pleased to hear you have come thru all this and are doing well. Merry Christmas!
Super Contributor

Can I ask if you had the CT scan because of symptoms.....or just as a wellness check up? I know they now recommend ex smokers and smokers to have a lung CT now as a prevention. I understand that lung cancer kills women at a higher rate than breast cancer! And non smokers get it just as often as smokers.
Trusted Contributor

Bless you, Kookielady ~ you're in my thoughts & prayers!
Honored Contributor

On 12/21/2014 AnnaBella said: Can I ask if you had the CT scan because of symptoms.....or just as a wellness check up? I know they now recommend ex smokers and smokers to have a lung CT now as a prevention. I understand that lung cancer kills women at a higher rate than breast cancer! And non smokers get it just as often as smokers.

Not true. Male smokers are about 23 times more likely and female smokers are about 13 times more likely to get lung cancer than non-smokers.

There are other reasons that people get lung cancer, including the environment, second-hand smoke, certain types of jobs. But to say "just as often" is not true.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I had the cat scan after complaining of pain under my left breast after eating-this had been going on for about a year. After Ultrasounds x rays they decided to do a cat scan. That is where somehow they found the nodules. One was very suspicious and they decided to go ahead and get it out. I also have nodules on my left lung that seem stable for now.

I am and never had smoked a day in my life. Like everyone said my parents smoked under the grandkids were born and they quit. Also it is the environment and exposure to certain things. My grandfather had lung cancer in the sixties.

I still have that nasty cough that it going around and since I also have asthma they gave me prednisone and antibiotics-I still have it.

Thanks for listening! Merry Christmas!

Super Contributor

Wishing you good health and happiness in the new year Kookielady. I will keep you in my prayers. Smiley Happy