Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for good CoQ10?

We use Ubiquinol, Trader Joe brand. 

Respected Contributor

This is getting more confusing as I look deeper into it, if one over 40 should use the ubiquinol instead of the ubiquinone. 

You really have to look at the label to know what is in some of the supplements. I looked up the ones that you guys mentioned and in some cases they were less expensive, but the dosage was only 100mg and ended up being the same price as Andrews!  

@Nightowlz  - thanks for the information about Kaneka, I went to their website and it was interesting.  I have a question for you though.  Are you sure Andrew still uses the Kaneka coq10?  On his label it just says "natural ubiquinone".  I went to his website and listened to the presentation also, but couldn't find that he uses Kaneka.

So, anyway for now, I just ordered Andrew's because I am totally out, and until I can figure out which type is best for me, I know he makes a good product.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

This is getting more confusing as I look deeper into it, if one over 40 should use the ubiquinol instead of the ubiquinone. 

You really have to look at the label to know what is in some of the supplements. I looked up the ones that you guys mentioned and in some cases they were less expensive, but the dosage was only 100mg and ended up being the same price as Andrews!  

@Nightowlz  - thanks for the information about Kaneka, I went to their website and it was interesting.  I have a question for you though.  Are you sure Andrew still uses the Kaneka coq10?  On his label it just says "natural ubiquinone".  I went to his website and listened to the presentation also, but couldn't find that he uses Kaneka.

So, anyway for now, I just ordered Andrew's because I am totally out, and until I can figure out which type is best for me, I know he makes a good product.

@HerRoyaLioness 

I just assume he still uses Kaneka. I don't know why it would not be on his site. I used to watch his shows & he talked about it. I have not watched any shows in a while. Wonder is anyone else has heard him talking about it.

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@HerRoyaLioness 

I just assume he still uses Kaneka. I don't know why it would not be on his site. I used to watch his shows & he talked about it. I have not watched any shows in a while. Wonder is anyone else has heard him talking about it.

He did mention that he has a good relationship for a long time with the Japanese firm that provides the Kaneka, and that he was able to keep his price reasonable because of that.  

My partner hates taking vitamins, but needs to take at least 200mg, so Andrew's brand makes doing this the most affordable.