Respected Contributor

Re: Recliner chair/hip surgery

@bargainsgirl 

I used the chaise part of the couch-not too high, not too low, has a back

Respected Contributor

I am having the same but I was told by the team that a recliner chair was perfectly fine and many found this the way to go in the beginning to sleep and rest.  I have 2 firm arm chairs as well.

@cookie16 wrote:

I had posterior left hip replacement surgery 2 1/2 years ago and was told "no" to recliners.  Since my sofa, loveseat and chair are all recliners, I needed to purchase a firm straight chair to help with my restrictions of not having knees higher than hip, not sitting too low, not bending beyond 90 degrees etc.  I did as told and healed beautifully with no issues.  Doctors differ on precautions, these were some of mine.

Honored Contributor

@cookie16 wrote:

I had posterior left hip replacement surgery 2 1/2 years ago and was told "no" to recliners.  Since my sofa, loveseat and chair are all recliners, I needed to purchase a firm straight chair to help with my restrictions of not having knees higher than hip, not sitting too low, not bending beyond 90 degrees etc.  I did as told and healed beautifully with no issues.  Doctors differ on precautions, these were some of mine.

@cookie16   Exactly what I was told.