Honored Contributor

Recall of raw milk from Dungeness Valley Creamery due to Campylobactor contamination.

[ Edited ]

Five people in Washington State have Campylobactor infections after drinking unpasteurized milk from Dungeness Valley Creamery. The Washington State Department of Health has recalled the milk with best by dates from April 13th or earlier. The milk was sold in on -farm store and retail stores. It was also sold at drop-off locations. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjii7Oc1-rvAhX6Ap0JHcIKD7IQ...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recall of raw milk from Dungeness Valley Creamery due to Campylobactor contamination.

How can a creamery sell unpasteurized milk? I don't live in Washington State, but I thought it would violate a Department of Health law to sell raw milk. No surprise that it can cause contamination. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Re: Recall of raw milk from Dungeness Valley Creamery due to Campylobactor contamination.

@teganslaw Some states allow it...PA is one.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

How can a creamery sell unpasteurized milk? I don't live in Washington State, but I thought it would violate a Department of Health law to sell raw milk. No surprise that it can cause contamination. 

@teganslaw @It's legal in some places. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, I did not know Unpasteurized milk could be sold anywhere!

Having milked my grandma’s cows, I would never think to do that.

Thanks for the info.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

And Campylobactor is the number one causative agent cited for people that develop Guillian-Barre syndrome later.   Hope these individuals will be ok and the recall will prevent futher cases.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Who would ever drink raw milk?

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@teganslaw Some states allow it...PA is one.

California is another.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because of potential health risks associated with raw milk, the retail sale of raw milk is illegal in most states, including Oklahoma. However, raw milk can be sold through incidental sales in Oklahoma. Incidental sales refers to on-farm sales of raw milk directly to consumers.

You can find the laws for your state at ProCon dot org

You will get better nutrition from raw milk. It has enzymes & probiotic in it. I know a few farmers that sell it.

Honored Contributor

It many be sold in some instances in Oklahoma, but you will NEVER find this Okie gal drinking it.  Nope.  Not a chance.