Honored Contributor

Recall of raw imported goat meat.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recall of raw imported goat meat.

Has anyone here ever had goat meat?  I haven't.  I suppose it's similar to lamb.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr .  Yes I would say it is similar to lamb.  It most likely would vary in taste just like goat cheese does as to what they graze upon. 

We were given a farewell from a group of friends in Spain and unfortunately couldn't refuse the meal which included goats "rocky mountain oysters".  Drank a lot of their home made cognac that night.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Has anyone here ever had goat meat?  I haven't.  I suppose it's similar to lamb.

@ValuSkr  I have not made it, but we sometimes eat goat at Indian restaurants. I think there is not enough meat compared to bones.

Honored Contributor

I've unknowingly eaten goat summer sausage at a retirement potluck at work.  It tasted pretty much like venison summer sausage, which I thought it was.  The man who brought it was a deer hunter.  I worry that he shouldn't be hunting if he can't tell the difference between a deer and a goat. 

Valued Contributor

@deepwaterdotter LOL ! 

(Sorry, @Grace6663582 -- just couldn't control myself.)

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Costco sell huge  lamb bodies in it's freezers....rather disgusting actually. Can not imagine who  would buy it like that🤮

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Costco sell huge  lamb bodies in it's freezers....rather disgusting actually. Can not imagine who  would buy it like that🤮

Buying a whole frozen carcass is probably the most inexpensive way to buy meat. For one that size you'll need a saw and a place to do the processing and large place to store it....big freezers. Restaurants buy whole carcasses and do the processing themselves. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would be like i am with people eating deer, just can't do that ,with the goats i see cute little animals, i have a tough time,with seeing the calves at a farm down the road from me!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.