Honored Contributor

Recall of Mighty Sesame Organic Tahini

[ Edited ]

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/rushdi-foods-issues-voluntary-re...

This is due to possible Salmonella contamination. This comes in a squeezable bottle in a 10.9 Oz size with an expiration date of 9/25/23. See the FDA page above for details and product photo.

This worries me a lot because I eat a lot of hummus which contains tahini. Tahini has been frequently recalled. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Recall of Mighty Sesame Organic Tahini

Thank you.  I have some of that in the pantry, but its expiration date is 5/23/2023.  I guess I should use it soon!  I planned to make hummus but haven't gotten around to it.  It will be my first time; will also use canned chickpeas.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thank you.  I have some of that in the pantry, but its expiration date is 5/23/2023.  I guess I should use it soon!  I planned to make hummus but haven't gotten around to it.  It will be my first time; will also use canned chickpeas.

@ValuSkr @There's a previous recall of this product with another date and UPC code. That expiration date was 3/28/23. You might want to call and check your date against any and all recalls from them. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   Thank you!  I just sent them an email.