Honored Contributor

Recall. Smoked fish dip. I am lucky

Smilin’ Bob’s Voluntarily Recalls Smilin’ Bob’s Smoked Fish Dip Products Because of Possible Health Risk

When a company announces a recall, market withdrawal, or safety alert, the FDA posts the company's announcement as a public service. FDA does not endorse either the product or the company.

9DB85368-5A4A-4C77-9E44-A9D781585649.jpeg
Summary
Company Announcement Date: June 07, 2021 FDA Publish Date: June 08, 2021 Product Type: Food & Beverages Reason for Announcement:
Listeria monocytogenes
Company Name: Smilin’ Bob’s Brand Name:
Smilin’ Bob’s
Product Description:
Smoked Fish Dip

Company Announcement

Smilin’ Bob’s is voluntarily recalling Smilin’ Bob’s Original Smoked Fish Dip and Smilin’ Bob’s All Natural Smoked Fish Dip. This recall is being initiated as a result of the Banner Smoked Fish, Inc. recall of smoked fish due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. Smilin’ Bob’s used the recalled smoked fish from Banner Smoked Fish, Inc in the products listed below. The recall is issued only for products listed below.

Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.

No illnesses have been reported to date.

Smilin’ Bob’s is working with distributors and retailers to quarantine and recover any impacted product remaining on store shelves. A total of 1,261 cases were distributed to retailers in the states of FL, GA, AL, SC, TN, NC, and VA.

HOW TO IDENTIFY THE RECALLED PRODUCT:

The containers have the “Best If Use By” dates stated below printed on the side of each container and the lot number stated for each product on the side or the lid (see attached pictures). This recall applies only to the products with the “Best If Use By” dates stated below.

Product Size Best If Used By datesPrinted on container side 12 PackCase Date ofDistribution
Smilin' Bob's Key West
Style Original Smoked
Fish Dip
8 ounce round
plastic container
Aug 03 2021
Aug 10 2021
878 casesMay 24 2021
June 4 2021
Smilin' Bob's Key West
Style Original Smoked
Fish Dip
15.5 ounce
plastic container
Aug 03 2021
Aug 10 2021
335 casesMay 27 2021
May 25 2021
May 31 2021
Smilin' Bob's All Natural
Smoked Fish Dip
8 ounce round
plastic container
Aug 10 202148 casesJune 4 2021

Smilin’ Bob’s determined to voluntarily recall the products listed after being notified that Banner Smoked Fish. Inc. had expanded its recall.

Product safety and consumer confidence is of utmost importance to Smilin’ Bob’s and its customers. Consumers who have purchased any of the recalled products listed above are urged to immediately return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may call 305-395-8382 at any time.

This recall is being done with the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration.

Company Contact Information
Consumers: 305-395-8382

I was lucky. I as going to order this exact product with my grocery delivery last week. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Recall. Smoked fish dip. I am lucky

@Mindy D    I'm safe.  You'd have to pay me big bucks to even sample some of these obnoxious-sounding fish concoctions you post.  First, I hate anything fishy and Secondly, you have to be so careful with eating anything containing fish because it harbors bacteria. 

No way! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D    I'm safe.  You'd have to pay me big bucks to even sample some of these obnoxious-sounding fish concoctions you post.  First, I hate anything fishy and Secondly, you have to be so careful with eating anything containing fish because it harbors bacteria. 

No way! 

@Kachina624 @Does this mean you don't like lox and bagels? I love lox, nova, smoked whitefish and smoked kingfish or mackerel dip/spread. There have been plenty of recalls lately though. The smoked fish is ether put on something with cream cheese or mixed with cream cheese or mayo and served on bagels with lettuce and onion or, for the spreads, on crackers. I haven't had the smoke fish spread in ages. I'm lucky I didn't order it. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   I don't even like tough old bagels, let alone with fishy lox. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D   I don't even like tough old bagels, let alone with fishy lox. 

@Kachina624    If you are Scandinavian or Baltic......it's BREAKFAST!!!!   Di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Smoked. Fish. Dip. 

nope.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

That sounds nauseating...

Respected Contributor

They couldn't pay me to eat anything with fish in it. Blech. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

To each his own, I wouldn't mind trying it. 

Respected Contributor

Lox and Cream Cheese on a Poppy Seed Bagel !    Breakfast, Lunch or even a Quick Dinner!!!   LOVE!!!